Thread: CT Ship Builder
View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
AnotherDilbert Citizen+AnotherDilbert Citizen+AnotherDilbert Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas View Post
I don't want to clutter up Matt's feedback thread with too much rules lawyering, so I'll be real brief an move on but I gotta disagree.
OK.

Quote:
The ship in your example has PP 6, not 4.
That is one of the problems.

It's a 1800 Dt ship with a 1200 Dton drop tank, so total 3000 Dton.

A standard Z-drive is potential 6 w/o tank and potential 4 w tank. The app lists it as potential 6 w tank. That is wrong. As a consequence the EP calculation is incorrect. Note that the custom jump drive is also potential 6 w/o tank and potential 4 w tank, and listed correctly.

The drive potential calculations in the drop tanks section are correct, but the agility calculations are wrong, presumably because the EP calculation for the PP is incorrect.

Quote:
Nevertheless, there is something weird about how that checkbox works (it adds the drop tanks to ship dtons when calcuating EPs).
That is as it should be, I assume, and necessary to design a ship like the Gazelle with a permanent drop tank. Check the checkbox and the drives are dimensioned for the ship with drop tanks. It works for custom drives, but not for standard drives.

Quote:
As a user, I always leave it unchecked and the agility calcs come out just fine.
The agility calculation in the drive section is still incorrect. It should be Agility 3, but listed as Agility 6.

The ship with tank has Man-4, PP-4, and some other power consumption (the computer), hence the agility is lower than 4.