View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
Max would probably own a hard vacc suit, like one might use to make repairs outside a hull under hazardous conditions ... closer to a civilian battle dress without any weapon/combat capabilities but with connections for powering tools and handheld scanners instead.
He can have that if you want, but more common practice is to wear extra radiation/debris protective coverall over regular vaccsuit if needed - I think we specified those in the drive room equipment lockers.

Hard suits are usually the "mini-spacecraft" kind for long duration construction work in space, where the operator is actually sitting down for comfort and "arms" are waldoes rather than sleeves.

I can see the usefulness of what you suggest, but they aren't that common - probably old combat armor converted.

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night