Thread: Any status yet?
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
kaladorn Citizen
Good point PBI. I found the same thing, though mind you I did my time in the primary infantry reserve in the Great White North in 87-88 time frame.

Certainly, with CotI, there exists a broad spectrum resource from which to draw for kit lists and the like for foreign military forces (ie non-US), so all that is required is a solicitation for information.

As to SF, they're a bit tricky. Different forces have very different issues. I have a friend just retired from 5th SF, but I spent a bunch of years in the airborne first. I know a former SAS Sgt, but in order to get into SAS, he had to try out repeatedly. I know of people that went into our JTF2 from other regular forces. I know a US Ranger who explained to me a little abouthow they trained and recruited. Different SF units (and probably different militaries) have very different ways of populating their force - some are available right after enlistment, others only after you have sufficient field experience. This also applies to some MOS (Royal Marine Commando Sniper for instance).
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"