View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2018, 01:07 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 4
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike wightman View Post
Will there be psionics as well as magic or just magic?
After giving your question more thought, I think that there will be some aspect of what might be called "psionics" in the sector. I will need to do some work on it, but it will likely be a bit different from the standard system given in the rules. There is none in the H. Beam Piper books, but Norton's have a fair amount of what I would call more of a "wild talent" appearing in characters. There is the "age sensing" used in one of the Time Trader books, which after being used as a plot device, vanished from further usage. That would be useful in this sector, given the ruins which are present. She also has a far number of characters with what I would call an "affinity" for animals, which is not in your regular system of psionics.

Then you also have James Schmitz "vatches" from Witches of Karres that I think will be part of the sector, just not called by that name, but the idea is there.

Basically, I would like to tap into some of the range of science fiction and fantasy that does not exist in the Official Traveller Universe as now constituted, but was there in potential in the original 1977 edition of the game. Then the OTU came into being, and walled that all off. I would like to get it back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.