View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2017, 10:17 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 43
Visit atpollard's Blog
atpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesomeatpollard Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiro View Post
Thanks for the info gents. At risk of thread drifting, will Universal Machine achieve the status of CE and get its own forum here? Perhaps a better question for Aramis and the mods?
This is 100% personal opinion and not 'official' in any sense of the word ...

I don't think so. The gist of the discussion concerning the creation of a CE Forum on COTI was will FFE/COTI officially support the Traveller OGL SRD 3PP movement with a dedicated forum, inclusion in the 'Other Games' forum or not at all. It was recommended by the Moot members, overwhelmingly, to support it at the 'Forum' level. So each new OGL SRD 3PP derived system is, strictly my opinion, unlikely to get a distinct forum in the same way that 'Avenger' and 'Spica' (and others) did not each get a unique forum for their 'Mongoose Traveller Licensed' products.

Universal Machine belongs in the Cepheus Engine Forum as part of the OGL SRD 3PP Traveller Movement. If it becomes an issue where it NEEDS a place of its own, it would probably get a sub-forum but even that (sub forums for specific 'brands') should be based on some sort of perceived need.

Is there a need for a distinct UM sub-forum?
If so, there is a mechanism in place for PUBLISHERS to simply contact an Administrator to get a Sub-Forum for their brand. (I do not know the details since I had no real need to pay close attention.) Gypsy Knight Games and Stellagama Publishing both took advantage of it.