View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Sir Dameon,
I should have said earlier that I like the idea of extending the TL/Culture types beyond the Traveller norm.

GT:AR3 suggests using the three levels of advanced civilization proposed by Nikolai Kardashev, which is based on energy production/usage:
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">CIVILIZATION ENERGY PRODUCTION
type I all planet based sources
type II the total energy produced by stars,
i.e. Dyson sphere like energy collectors
type III the total energy of thousand or millions of stars;
or pulsars;
or black holes;
or the energy of a galactic core</pre>[/QUOTE]On this scale pre-stellar TL worlds would be type 0-I, the stellar TL worlds would be type I, and the Ancients would be type II.

I would like to borrow your "galactic level" cultural label and extend the MT/TNE/T4 for MTU as follows:
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> TL General Description
M-N early galactic
P-R average galactic
S-U high galactic
V-W extreme galactic
X+ ????????????????</pre>[/QUOTE]