Thread: Jump Engines
View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
I've been meaning to look this up for a while.
"Ships performing jumps less than their maximum capacity consume fuel at a lower level based on the jump number used." OT LBB2 Starships(2ndedition), OT Starter edition and OT TTB.
What does it say in the FFE reprint? I don't know until mine arrives.
Therefore if you use OT 2nd edition you don't have to worry about jump governors.
As for collapsible tanks, they appear in Trillion Credit Squadron and take up 1% of their filled volume when collapsed. They have the disadvantage that the fuel has to be transferred to the ships' fuel tanks, so you could make two consecutive J3s but not one J6. For that you would need demountable tanks which can also be fitted into the cargo hold (or bolted on outside). They are used as regular fuel tankage but take up cargo space even when empty. T4 introduced a version of the demountable tank which could be collapsed down to 25% of its' full volume.
Hope this helps.