View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 28
Visit kafka47's Blog
kafka47 Citizen
That was my point that I made about an aristocratic democracy. There are plenty of models of protective democracy even when the franchaise is universal. Nobles and dictators would still play a role but the radical extent of his reforms would have to engender a profound shift in thinking. Certain parts of the realm would be ready, others would need more time. This disjuncture would have to be remedied by "privatizing" the Imperiallines network and putting those information resources at the hands of many.

I am not sure that there would be a reputation of psionics, like the Supermen of the Solomani, this represents the deep dark secret of the Imperium. How to accomplish this on an Imperial-wide scale would mean having to admit the last 300 or years are based upon a lie. Which is not something that engenders legitimacy.

Check out the calendar for active Toronto Traveller games: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Area-Gamers/