View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
kaladorn Citizen
Quote:
Originally posted by Kafka47:
There is just a wish here on the boards that GT would actually say something different about the Traveller universe.
In fairness, other than LEW's Wounded Colossus, I think GT's no-Rebellion timeline was a big contribution.

Quote:
More supplements like Kamsii or Bounty Hunters would be appreciated, as these were underexplored areas in CT.
Hunters were done in White Dwarf, but they should have been officially done as they are really good gaming material. They justify fights, travelling, and neat adventures with bits of chicanery, run ins with the law (Shades of 76 Criminals Who Need Your Help) and nabbing bad guys.

But you are right, both of those are good GURPS supplements.

Quote:
Posing some of the real big questions in GT, like what happened to Dulinor? Is the Imperium ommipotent or impotent?
Didn't Dulinor get blown up? And I dunno about you, but when I look at Ground Forces and the like, I tend to think of a very potent, very present Imperial gov't.

Quote:
What is the relationship between GT & MT as there seems to be many parallel occurences?
How about "The Rebellion, she never happened?". That would explain a lot of parallels, up to the big divergence. (If I'm not misrecalling)

Quote:
Are the Solomani a real Party-State or just a misunderstood democracy?
Rim of Fire gives a lot of commentary of interest on this front.

Quote:
What ultimately is the end point of GT?
Why?

I ask this question about real Trav too.

Isn't the point the journey? The endpoint implies a point at which all is somehow static or resolved, leaving little room for adventurers. So why do we seek endpoints?

Quote:
If GT does on average better sales than the other GURPS line, why not produce more?
Does it?
"Tell them, that from this place we will deliver notice to the parliaments of conquerors that a line has been drawn against the darkness. And we will hold that line, .. no matter the cost." -- Cpt. Sheridan "The Long, Twilight Struggle"