View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
DaddyDragon Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallowglacht View Post
Or is it a case of supporting it so they can release a suppliament that might serve your needs. Sort of like buying Gurps Traveller stuff, because it detailed and high quality even if you don't like GURPS as a system? Because that standpoint I can understand and support.
A fair question, all the way around. But this is essentially the reason. T4 was dead on arrival, even though there were the rare diamonds in its deepest, most troubled "rough ". Mostly because of the timing of its delivery, and helped not at all by its almost complete lack of editorial competence.

But as an RPG gamer, and worse, a 'Traveller', I don't think the brand can afford another poor showing as an armed & xenophobic niche in a niche market of niches. Plus, we need to support our local FLGS if and where they continue to exist. Better to buy another new Traveller product than picking up Turd: The Flushing or some other case of buyers remorse looking for a homeless shelter. Trust me, I have shelves and shelves of those too.

"Twice."

tc+ tm++(**) tn+ !t4 t5 !tg t20+ ru ge+ 3i+ c++ jt+ au+ ls pi+ ta+ he+ kk- hi+ as+ va++ dr+ ith+ vr ne- so+ zh+ vi- da+

Count of Binary TROJ 3140 Auitawry A56689A-F
Count of the Third Imperium REAV 3220 Khakhan A988AA8-E
Sir Aeksarrgh EMPT 0936 Akiar D58A562-9
Knight of the Iridium Throne CORE 1901 Zaniin B6945AB-B
Medal for Conspicuous Galantry - The Battle of Efate
Medal for Conspicuous Galantry - The Battle of Frenzie
Medal for Conspicuous Galantry - The Battle of Mongo
Medal for Conspicuous Galantry - The Battle of Pixie
TAS Membership: EMPT 0936 Akiar D58A562-9

Challenge Coins:
#150 1SG (First Sergeant S5), Delta Troop (Grav Tank), Sixth Battalion (Jump Troops), 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment

#210 Platoon Leader (Lieutenant O2), First Platoon, Alpha Company (Lift Infantry), Second Battalion (Lift Infantry), 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment

#220 Platoon Leader (Lieutenant O2), Third Platoon, Alpha Company (Lift Infantry), Second Battalion (Lift Infantry), 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment

#289 Platoon Leader (Lieutenant O2), First Platoon, Delta Troop (Grav Tank), Sixth Battalion (Jump Troops), 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment

"Traveller and Errata are like peanut butter & chocolate." - Me

Last edited by DaddyDragon; August 2nd, 2008 at 08:26 PM..