View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Absent Friend

Gallery : 11
rancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizenrancke Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Yes, actually I am. Something to do with keeping time via pulsars, same as keeping dates synchronized. Would it not be that precise?
I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Quote:
Anyway, yeah, in this TU there is a set time/date for those who want to use it - doesn't work out so well w planets which have their own day/night schedules, especially if not conveniently on 24 hour rotation as Devonia was.
Such worlds would use their own systems for their on-world purposes and the Gregorian Calendar for interstellar purposes.

Quote:
I think I wrote previously that ships actually use GMT, although they don't call it that or even know the origin of it.
How about IST ('Imperial Standard Time'[*]). The Second Imperium, of course.
[*] Or 'Interstellar Standard Time' as some Politically Correct people insist it stands for.
Though I could argue for people using 'GMT' and knowing the origin perfectly well. Why shouldn't they? IF, that is, the Rule of Man used it. To me that's the unknown fact that it really boils down to. What did the RoM use?

Hans