View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Peer of the Realm

Gallery : 1
Visit SpaceBadger's Blog
SpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected CitizenSpaceBadger Respected Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown View Post
[OOC: What "ship time"? "Ship time" is totally arbitrary. They could be 12 hours out from us when we get there. Or, are you assuming a galactic "at the tone, the current time will be 12:15"? ]
Yes, actually I am. Something to do with keeping time via pulsars, same as keeping dates synchronized. Would it not be that precise?

Anyway, yeah, in this TU there is a set time/date for those who want to use it - doesn't work out so well w planets which have their own day/night schedules, especially if not conveniently on 24 hour rotation as Devonia was.

I think I wrote previously that ships actually use GMT, although they don't call it that or even know the origin of it.
GM Maxim #2: If the Players have any kind of Ship, deckplans are mandatory. Otherwise, the Players will wander around with vague and contradictory notions of where things are, and Chaos results.

Playing ex-Ranger Frank Masuda in Magnus's Permatic Imperium T5 PbP
Playing Engineer Ank Buchannon in flykiller's Imperial Scout Rescue Service PbP

My Old Stuff (2013-14)
SBRD Campaign Quick Reference
SBRD Campaign Wiki: Reavers' Deep during The Long Night