View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
AsenRG Citizen+AsenRG Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliver988 View Post
Excellent ideas responding to my facetious post. Thanks! For some reason I just was not thinking water-based ships...
You're welcome!

Also, water-based or air ships, makes little difference, actually. It has been said that Traveller implements the model of Napoleonic times/era of piracy. So it stands to reason that you should be able to implement those back to Traveller, too!

And well, you could adapt that to a coach, too. Just, instead of being a deckhand, you're a stablehand, dealing with horses (possibly ill-mannered ones).
Make sure to pump up your Endurance, you need to walk besides them, and then to give them an walk, and a rub, and then food, so they could be ridden again soon...maybe even tomorrow!

Of course, this might still be better than a working passage on a galley...
But then the galley is likely to at least be faster.

And yeah, I've been using the above options for a while now. Makes my players really happy!
- Alien Module 6: Solomani (Introduction).