Thread: Round 2. OOC!
View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2019, 06:40 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 39
Visit Magnus von Thornwood's Blog
Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++Magnus von Thornwood Citizen++
Arrow Space Answers for SpaceBadger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
Somewhat confusing, some of your other Sticky threads seem to invite comments but the threads are locked. Finally found this one, so I guess I'll try to lump the comments here, if I can remember - short term memory is an especial problem for me.
Some are locked because they're basically the forum version of Referee Only as far as posting to them. They're for information only stuff, like World data, Character records, things like that the Ref or Players made need to consult for info. Keeping it Closed keeps things clean and makes the information easier to find if I'm the only one posting and it is straight up on topic. Like the Sandbox thread which is for information regarding the Worlds of the Sandbox.

Quote:
You said something about needing a new deckplan for Something Clever. I'm a pretty fair hand at deckplans, either modifying the current one or starting from scratch, if you can tell me what it is you want changed. I like to work in GIMP, but can save results to whatever format you need.
Actually, I need to get at Ian since MajorB did a bang up refit to the new T5 ACS rules. And that includes some major work, since the new one features a 20-ton Drop Tank. However, you can take the one in the STARSHIPS thread and work it up. But I'm not posting the new stuff because that is for the book.

Quote:
Speaking of ships, my PC Frank had a detached duty Scout ship as a mustering out benefit. That was previously the Vargr's Grin; is it now the Something Clever instead?
That was in an alternate timeline.

Quote:
I notice that our start of action is ready to go, stating that we're all at the old downport. A few more Qs before I post anything for Frank IC:
GA!

Quote:
Whatever ship we have, did we leave it docked at the Highport and shuttle down, or did we (or at least Frank) land the ship and disembark here at the Old Port?
Funny that you should ask...play and find out. But no you came in a Scout ship that stopped at Bohen to pick up some new Scout Cadets. Big sucker, part school, part carrier, and tender, it's a support ship.

Quote:
Do the PCs already know each other, or did our invitation from the local noble specify names of other invitees, or some recognition signal or meeting place by which we might recognize each other?
Maybe, players decide if they know each other at this point. Not impossible all things considered. The invite was more word of mouth from a very trusted source. You know...A Rumor. Just like real Travellers hear of Patrons looking for people.

Quote:
Does Bohen have a Scout Base?
No. But it does have its share of wannabe Scout Cadets. But nothing past the Recruitment office on Recruit Row in Bohen Downs.

Quote:
Is there a data sheet about Bohen linked from one of those Stickies? (I skimmed them all yesterday, but that was yesterday, and I don't see a Bohen sheet with the stuff I downloaded.)
Not yet, but I did up a bit in the play thread. Will try and get some more in the SANDBOX thread for ya. EDIT: Entry for Bohen updated and Shesser added.

Quote:
I think you said something about our PCs having just mustered out. I'd think Rangers would need to muster out at a Scout Base, especially if receiving a detached duty ship. So maybe Frank just arrived at the Old Port to catch some form of public transport after mustering out at the Scout Base. Or, if Bohen doesn't have a Scout Base, then Frank came to Bohen for some reason after mustering out elsewhere. What sayeth the GM?
You'd think that, but rank hath its privileges.
Duke of Sinta, Count Smoug, Viscount Alell, Musayid, & Nii Khu, Marquis Malory & Phlume, Baron Donu-na,
Knight Retainer of the Emperor for Salla, Inarli, & Bhuur,
Knight Retainer of the Baron Jacha, Knight Retainer of the Baronet Kiind,
Knight of the Third Imperium for Trane,
Travellers' Aid Society Member #0543.

Thornwood-Daarnulud LLC

"Some annoying, some entertaining, a few informative, but, Always, Magnus."
dean

Last edited by Magnus von Thornwood; February 22nd, 2019 at 06:54 AM..