Thread: Genesys
View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Noble

Gallery : 0
mike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizenmike wightman Respected Citizen
Default Genesys

I asked for and received a copy of FFG's Genesys for crimbo, and the delivery Ithklur even brought me three sets of dice for it too.

(don't tell the wife but I already bought the pdf version and downloaded the dice app)

First game - CT Death Station of course
For character generation I had them design characters as per the book (with a little digging into the GM section about changing stuff) then ran them through the most appropriate Traveller career from LBB1 or CoTI - 10XP per skill earned during life path.

They were hired to go and investigate the station, this time the NPCs going with them are a group of scientists. Much role playing of the trip later they arrived at the station.

Next session they may even get aboard it...

Anyone else got Genesys or experience with FFG's Star Wars line? The dice are taking a bit of getting used to, but I do like the way it encourages the players to role play.
I'm not sure we are getting the dice pool stuff right.