View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2001, 05:39 AM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
Gallowglass Citizen
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
[B]OK so we are hard at work refining out the core rules, what kind of supplements or adventures do you want to see us follow up with?

Here are some of the ideas already in mind:

Sector Quadrant Books
These books will cover a quadrant with a sector (4 subsectors) and detail 32 worlds within that area along with basic regional information and adventure material. 128 pages each expected. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a definite winner I think, especially if the adventure material is good. I'd recommend at least a brief paragraph on every world, just to get people thinking. In CT terms, contrast the details on the Regina Sector worlds in Kinunir with the detail on the worlds in Aramis in the Traveller Adventure

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The Zoological Survey
Basically a Creature/Monster manual for T20 describing and detailing beasts found around and near the Imperium.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Yawn* This sort of D&D hangover is a bit lame really. A supplement examining creature design in more depth and then giving a half dozen (short)adventures as examples (from a single creature centre stage to peripheral but well done animal encounters) strikes me as having more mileage and commercial appeal.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Citizens of Gateway
More prestige classes, more detailed Prior Histories, etc... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, apart from adding chrome and taking up shelf space, don't see how it adds to the game as people play it. A supplement that examines some of the incidents in recent Gateway history in greater depth, along with adventure hooks to find out what really happened (or to doctor the evidence...) has possibilities. A 76 Patrons of Gateway, with a less criminal bent and greater depth to the NPC's and the jobs would be cool.

As a suggestion, how about a volume of Spacers Tales? A set of myths, apocryphal stories and rumuours from all over the sector (quadrant) from Alien /Ancient Sites to lost ships etc. And for each give a few options as to the truth and ideas about how to use them in a campaign (either as linked elements or as side shows to an ongoing campaign).

Having not been very enthusiastic about the Monster Manual idea, a guide to the Alien Races would be very useful (again with adventure ideas embedded).

Hmm, bit of theme here: "X, with adventure ideas." In my defence, I personally find (and have anecdotal evidence that it's quite common) that whilst a background supplement MAY inspire my own scenario ideas, one with at least some adventure hooks ALWAYS spurs me to come up with some ideas of my own. I also think that the market will be bigger (and will be built better) by material that expands and elaborates the setting in a way that helps peoples games (e.g. the Quadrant books) rather than simple catalogues of things (monsters, people, big guns, whatever).

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 14 August 2001).]