View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2019, 11:01 PM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 0
Visit timerover51's Blog
timerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizentimerover51 Beloved Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunky View Post
That table only kinda works for ground vehicles. Lots of very liberal application of what it means is up to the designer.
I got that idea, but that does put a big load on the Game Master to figure out how to hand attacks and damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojunky View Post
I must note here that Traveller designers and gamers in general tend to way over armor vehicles. There are very few vehicles that are immune to fire from things like .50 cal machine guns and RPGs.
That is interesting you mention the .50 caliber machine gun, as I was thinking that might be a good standard or starting point to work from for penetration. I have those armor-penetrating curves already to go. Plus armor penetration for 20mm and up.

By the way, keep the dialogue going if possible, Infojunky.

RPGs are a totally different story. Their mechanic of penetration is the shaped charge, so a different approach is needed to break up the penetrating jet.
Do you have a security clearance? 1 Dec. Blog Post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI451TxsTg, 3:24 in.
I march to my own set of bagpipes. Caution: This individual thinks that studying logistics is FUN.

They that go down to the sea in ships,
that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the LORD,
and his wonders in the deep.

Last edited by timerover51; February 7th, 2019 at 12:54 AM..