View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Citizen: SOC-13

Gallery : 0
infojunky Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
One thing that I am going to have to figure out, or develop a new system, is the Armor factor given for the vehicles on page 79.
That table only kinda works for ground vehicles. Lots of very liberal application of what it means is up to the designer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerover51 View Post
I am not sure where the initial armor rating came from, but they do not reflect in any way reasonable figures. I have a feeling that I am going to simply impose an armor system on the rules, and give representative vehicles with actual armor ratings, and add a bunch of actual penetration by various weapons. I will try to make things clear enough so as to allow players to convert other actual vehicles, aircraft, and ships to my system for Cepheus Engine. Ships will include sailing ships, and also oared ships. I just have to figure out what is likely to be used on planets in my sector. I suspect that my planetary populations are going to be increased on some planets, especially the very wet ones. Such is life. I have been down this road before when modifying other game rules.
I must note here that Traveller designers and gamers in general tend to way over armor vehicles. There are very few vehicles that are immune to fire from things like .50 cal machine guns and RPGs.