View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2020, 04:34 PM
Citizen: SOC-9

Gallery : 0
Madmax Citizen
Default Sounds great to me!

I think that is a great idea, or set of ideas.
How to do it?
Well I think you have already done it, really. Now you just need to work out the details, and of course the devil is in the details.
What I would tend to do is let all the threads you have mentioned be present, put clues in each adventure that can lead the players to Secret of the Ancients, then let the players decide which paths to pursue/ignore. This way they will all eventually lead to the Secret of the Ancients if the players don't just ignore everything. It might be interesting to see just which path the players end up using. The disadvantage to this method is of course that you will have to be prepared for all the adventures and it might be a bit frustrating if the players skip over one or more of them. That is something you have to decide for yourself.
Personally I hate railroading my players, so this is the sort of setup I always prefer, lots of potentially interlocking adventures, and let the players wander around as they choose. It IS a lot of work though.

I am personally preparing a campaign that is somewhat similar. It is set in the Regina and adjacent subsectors and combines Annic Nova, Twilight's Peak, Across the Bright Face, 76 Patrons, The Traveller Adventure, and Flaming Eye (modified to fit in the Spinward Marches). I'm also going to try to include the FFW and a modified version of Knightfall. I have probably bitten off more than I can chew, so will likely be cutting back on this list.

Best of luck with your project!