View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Citizen: SOC-12

Gallery : 0
AsenRG Citizen+AsenRG Citizen+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBat242 View Post
Oops - I mixed up which to count. So yes, 20 months combat.

Remember to round up after dividing by 2 for hesitation rounds... 5/2=2.5, rounded up to 3 hesitation rounds.
OK, so it's 3 hesitation rounds either way.
Thank you, that's very informative!

One last thing, how easy it is to adapt material from other games of the line? I think Merc 2000 might be closer to what I want, setting-wise, but I like the CUF rules better. However, AFAICT, Merc 2000 uses the v. 2.0/v. 2.2 of the rules.

I must note that one thing I like more and more about this system. Namely, there's no "Intelligence" attribute. (For this game, I'm planning to adopt the logic that "intelligence should be a player's attribute"... not a character's quality.
Of course, education is fine!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putraack View Post
FWIW, T2k v2.0 had a different Initiative system. Init was rated 1-6.

6 Acts
6 Acts, then 5s act
6, 5, 4 acts
6, 5, 4, 3 acts
6, 5, 4, 3, 2 acts. And anyone with a 1 initiative is probably dead by now. I didn't like it, since the numbers were fixed at character generation, although if one survived enough fights, you could earn Initiative XPs to spend on improving your initiative. What I did like was that wounds reduced initiative: -1 for slight wounds and -3 for serious, and when hit, you lost your next action. This can lead to low-Initiative characters quitting the fight when they take sufficient damage.

I prefer v1's hesitations & coolness rule. When I run at conventions, I give everyone 6 poker chips, blue for actions and white for hesitations, and then ask them every round which they are using. As a house rule, I borrowed from v2, and trade red for blue chips as the PCs collect wounds.

I still allow the repetitive actions rule, as well as allowing characters to give directions to other characters, overriding the order-receiver's Hesitations.
Admittedly, I prefer the hesitation rule as well...at least from the information I've received here. If people like you that have been playing both also agree with this, I guess I just might be on the right path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis View Post
I wish T2K 2.0 was also on the CD...
I wish the T2K v1.0 was on the CD. But I can make do with the bundle on RPGNow, instead!
- Alien Module 6: Solomani (Introduction).