Thread: Traveller LARP?
View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2014, 09:57 AM
Citizen: SOC-14

Gallery : 9
Hyphen Citizen

Years ago I was in one based on a cruise liner somewhere down near Pax Rulin on Imperial border. My gaming group also ran a freeform (the Oz equivalent of a LARP) based in Hitler's bunker in the last three hours of WW2.

My advice is
1. Concentrate on creating good, playable, interesting characters.
2. Give them plenty of "hooks" (i.e. in-game goals) that force them to interact with all the other characters.
3. Create an overall "story arc" and a method of pushing it forward; for example, use multiple referees as NPCs who can drive the plot forward through some pre-planned, set-piece actions.
4. Read Tavonni Repair Bays --> Other Assorted Notes --> Designing Convention Modules on my website. These are a set of dot-points you can follow while prepping the scenario.

Good luck, and let us know how it all goes!
- Count of Zuiar (Dagu 0705)- Starburst for Extreme Heroism - The Pursuits at Alell
- Baroness Heidi Maria Heyerdahl of Tavonni (Spin 1520)- MCG - The Final Victory at Emerald
- Baron of Sii (Dagu 0932)TAS:
- Ritter of Tavonni (Spin 1520)- Bearer (Ley: Silver 0221); Bearer (Lish: Zemud 0212)
Challenge Coins:
(#222) Plat.Ldr (LtO2), 3P, ΔTrp (G-Tank), 2B (LI), 4518th(#282) XO (LtO2), ΒCo (J-Trp), 6B (JT), 4518th