Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Citizens' Information Centre (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Current Use Data 2017-11 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=38460)

timerover51 November 9th, 2017 03:35 PM

There seems to be more people on the forum of late, at least in terms of people appearing online. I was wondering if this is the case or not? There also appears to be more people posting, and I was wondering if this was correct as well?

aramis November 9th, 2017 04:24 PM

I haven't run the numbers recently so I am now.
ItemLast 7 dayslast 30 dayslast 360 days
Activity3466223002
Posted93146404
new35125560
new & active1118391
new & posted1137

Of the active 346 this week, 285 registered more than 1 year ago, 133 more than 10 years ago.
Of the 93 posters this week, 87 registered more than 1 year ago, and only 44 more than 10 years ago.
We have a huge lurker population.
These do not include users who declined admin email.

timerover51 November 9th, 2017 05:54 PM

Thank you for the update, Aramis. We need to work harder at getting the new members to join in the posting.

Does anyone have any ideas on how we, as a forum, might to that?

timerover51 October 9th, 2018 09:45 PM

This is just a feeling that I have, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same feeling.

There seems to be more members visiting the Forum that have either never posted or who have posted very little. Not posting a lot I can understand, but being a member for several years and never posting puzzles me. Is there any way that we could encourage some of the long time members to join in the conversation, as I am positively certain that they would have valuable comments and information to impart"

aramis October 10th, 2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timerover51 (Post 594056)
This is just a feeling that I have, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same feeling.

There seems to be more members visiting the Forum that have either never posted or who have posted very little. Not posting a lot I can understand, but being a member for several years and never posting puzzles me. Is there any way that we could encourage some of the long time members to join in the conversation, as I am positively certain that they would have valuable comments and information to impart"

Quite a few come to use the various non-post features- files, images.

whartung October 10th, 2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timerover51 (Post 594056)

You have to be a member to read anything of substance here. Non-members have very little access. So, this inflates membership numbers beyond those actually interested in participating.

khadaji2002 October 11th, 2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whartung (Post 594125)
You have to be a member to read anything of substance here. Non-members have very little access. So, this inflates membership numbers beyond those actually interested in participating.

I believe there is some true to this. I know of people who like to access forums like this one for ideas and material for their games, and are not at all interested in interacting with an online community.

For years I was one of them.

coliver988 October 11th, 2018 07:34 PM

with Google+ closing down that could possibly bring in new membership that does want to actually discuss things. However, I really don't see that happening as most will either transition to one of the FB groups or yet another social platform.

I was a lurker for the longest time, primarily as I had not actually played in years when I joined, and felt I had nothing worthwhile to add. Obviously I've gotten over my shyness and occasionally manage to say or contribute a bit the conversation that may be useful. But a lot of people prefer a more passive experience for these things.

And has :xh: this been here long - for some reason I just noticed it (we do need a squirrel emoticon as I get easily distracted and, hey, look, something shiny!)

aramis October 11th, 2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coliver988 (Post 594212)
And has :xh: this been here long - for some reason I just noticed it (we do need a squirrel emoticon as I get easily distracted and, hey, look, something shiny!)

:squirrel: seems broken at the moment. But explosive head is new...
Edit: squirrel is only broken in the menu.

timerover51 October 12th, 2018 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khadaji2002 (Post 594188)
I believe there is some true to this. I know of people who like to access forums like this one for ideas and material for their games, and are not at all interested in interacting with an online community.

For years I was one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coliver988 (Post 594212)
with Google+ closing down that could possibly bring in new membership that does want to actually discuss things. However, I really don't see that happening as most will either transition to one of the FB groups or yet another social platform.

I was a lurker for the longest time, primarily as I had not actually played in years when I joined, and felt I had nothing worthwhile to add. Obviously I've gotten over my shyness and occasionally manage to say or contribute a bit the conversation that may be useful. But a lot of people prefer a more passive experience for these things.

Based on these two members, it looks like I need to be patient. Both are valued contributors to the Forum, and I appreciate their comments highly.