Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Traveller 5 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   T5 Errata Thread (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=29549)

DonM April 1st, 2013 01:25 AM

T5 Errata Thread

1 Attachment(s)
Errata document 0.71 now available... (to fix Scheme Payoff formula)

Please post only errata items with page numbers for the T5 kickstarter hardback release in this thread. Issues for the T5.09 PDF release go in the T5.09 errata thread.

If you want to discuss things, that's what the errata discussion thread is for. Posts which are discussion here will get moved to the errata discussion thread.
Thanks!

Marc has posted the missing Example chapters at http://farfuture.net/FFE-Links.html.

Jazzlvraz April 24th, 2013 09:06 PM

p.13

p.13, second column, THE GAME RULES, second sentence: “consistent” s/b “consistency” or “concept” s/b “word”

p.14

p.14, The Galaxy, second sentence: “3 kiloparsecs thick” s/b “0.3 kiloparsecs thick”, per http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/as...s/980317b.html

p.15

p.15: A Brief History of the Universe, fourth sentence, and first column, third footnote: Milieu and its plural may not need to be defined twice on one page
p.15, second column, second paragraph, third sentence, fourth “son”: “still yet” s/b “still”

Jazzlvraz April 24th, 2013 09:07 PM

p.16

p.16, first column, second full paragraph, first sentence: “ruins;” s/b “ruins,”
p.16, first column, first and second full paragraphs, footnote 1: “Humans”, “humans”, and “human” all appear; capitalisation should be consistent
p.16, The False Dawn, first paragraph: “Kursae -- “ s/b “Kursae – “ (note en-dash)
p.16, The False Dawn, third paragraph: “thousand centuries” s/b “thousand centuries,”
p.16, The Vilani Era, third paragraph: “Soon thereafter” s/b “Soon thereafter,”
p.16, The Early Empire, second paragraph: “approvals, everyone” s/b “approvals, and everyone”

p.17

p.17, Parallel Civilizations: “Aslan Hierate;” s/b “Aslan Hierate,”

p.17, Parallel Civilizations: “Consulate;” s/b “Consulate,”

p.17, The Important Eras in History, Consolidation Wars: Suerrat are mentioned here without prior introduction; do they need it?

p.17, The Important Eras in History: “Imperial” and “Imperials” both appear; usage should be consistent

p.17, The Important Eras in History, footnote 5: The Galaxiad is mentioned nowhere else in the document, other than the trademark-notification page. Will it be expanded upon in future documents, or would it best be removed from this one?

p.18

p.18, first paragraph: “Yet everything” s/b “Everything”

p.18, first paragraph: “itself… “ s/b “itself…”

p.18, Communication Limited to Transportation Speed, second paragraph: “Consequently” s/b “Consequently,”

p.18, Communication Limited to Transportation Speed, second paragraph: Four appearances of “--“ s/b “—“ (note en-dash)

p.18, Communication Limited to Transportation Speed, second paragraph: En-dashes should not be bracketed by spaces (usage is inconsistent)

Jazzlvraz April 24th, 2013 09:08 PM

p.19

p.19, second full paragraph: “Yet primitive” s/b “Primitive”

p.19, Artificial People: “invisible… “ s/b “invisible…”

p.19, Social Science Adds Character and Flavor, first paragraph: Two appearances of “--“ s/b “—“ (note en-dash)

p.19, Social Science Adds Character and Flavor, first paragraph: En-dashes should not be bracketed by spaces (usage is inconsistent)

Lore April 25th, 2013 01:09 AM

On page 145 it reads:

"Stacking Knowledges and Skills
Although Knowledge levels are limited to a maximum of
6, they can be stacked with skills. An Engineer with Drives-7
and Power Systems-4 has a skill level of 7 and can use that
ability when dealing with most starship drives. He has a specialization
in Power systems, which gives him a total skill
level of 11 when dealing with Power Systems."

"Drives-7" appears to be an error. I think the skill should read "Engineer-7." Both J-drive and M-Drive would be a knowledge and would not stack with Power Systems. Power Systems is under the skill "Engineer" not "Drives."

Bloo April 27th, 2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonM (Post 431160)
Here.

I was just looking at that myself... I'd like to recommend that as a temporary fix, the Navigation under World Travel be replaced with Soldier Skill, but I'm going to ask Marc why Rogues don't get Fighter and see what he does.

Cool. I made a suggestion in the pre-release forum.

It's also worth looking at it's options compared to the Scholar's Conflict table. Entertainer career cannot get Fighter (though that may not be an oversight, it's more consistent with Entertainers).

As it is now, with the scheme mechanism, I think the Rogue career is more complicated heist/thief/long-con than most of the things in the description (corsair, pirate, scamp, bandit, etc.),

Similarly, Agent is pretty much only undercover agents.

Couple of other questions that I've seen in Chargen on the board and in my head:

Military career commission and promotion skill rolls: which table can they roll on?

Army and Marine career Branch tables: what modifiers? (without modifiers, results 7 Technical and 8 Medical are impossible). By comparison, Spacer shows DM+2 if Edu 10+.

Often (Entertainer, Spacer, Army, Agent, Rogue, Noble, Marine, Scout) but not always (Merchant), the Technical skill table has several non-technical skills: Art and Athlete and arguably Seafarer (if you don't take Aquanautics).