Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   2300AD & 2320 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Favorite module? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=7659)

Murph May 9th, 2002 04:22 PM

Whats your favorite module for 2300?

Mine: Ranger, followed by Aurore Sourcebook.

Colonial Atlas is a nice suppliment, wish they had continued the game, and not let it go.

Crimson Cat May 9th, 2002 06:12 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Murph:
Whats your favorite module for 2300?

Mine: Ranger, followed by Aurore Sourcebook.

Colonial Atlas is a nice suppliment, wish they had continued the game, and not let it go.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would go with Aurore first though I also really liked Ranger too. I liked the whole kafer problem so Aurore, Kafer Dawn, Mission Arcturus, the Kafer sourcebook all rate pretty High. If I can only get a copy of Invasion now.

TWILIGHT May 11th, 2002 07:32 AM

Kafer sourcebook, Invasion, Operation Overlord, rotten to the core, and deathwatch program all rate high with me.

TWILIGHT May 11th, 2002 07:34 AM

BTW as of 11th of May 2002 there are a few 2300AD items on www.ebay.co.uk of which 'invasion' was/is one of them.

Takei May 12th, 2002 05:24 AM

I had the best time refing Deathwatch Program and Rotten to the Core.

The whole Kafer invasion arc was nice, but I'd like to have seen more on the other arms.

------------------
Paul

kafka47 May 14th, 2002 10:37 AM

I would have to agree with Rotten to the Core. But, my all time fav would be: In the Cards from the first issue of Challenge dealing with T2300. Because it is so Traveller-esque or that one with the organic spaceship by Boissie.

Nate Birkholz May 19th, 2002 11:30 PM

Nyotekundu. I liked the Azanians, and it didn't have anything to do with the Kafers.

I actually didn't incorporate the Kafers into any of my campaigns after the first I ran, since I was more interested in espionage and science adventures than military ones (spying on the Kafers just wasn't as difficult as spying on the Germans, for example), and most of the modules were from the Kafer War campaign.

One campaign I ran during the War of German Reunification, the others at 2300-2302 without the Kafers.

[This message has been edited by Nate Birkholz (edited 19 May 2002).]

tanstaafl2300 October 7th, 2002 03:25 PM

Kafer Dawn pretty much is what we started with so of course it is a favorite (kinda like "Keep on the Borderlands" if you know what I mean?).
But the intro adventure that came with the original Traveller 2300, "The Tri-colors Shadow" was excellent and it had so many off-shoot adventure that could be made of it. Plus with the introduction of the intel that the "alien scout ship" was Kafer sneaking around led to a whole new behind the scenes covert war prior to the original invasion of Aurore. The agencies who knew (both Govt. and Corporations) didn't want to scare the populace (or scare off the profit potential) and then when the Kafer invaded they tried to erase all who might tell. Worked pretty good.

Rodina October 8th, 2002 01:55 AM

I liked Ranger -- largely because it was not in the French Arm -- and I still think Colonial Atlas is one of the best RPG supplements ever.

I really didn't care for the back half of the Earth/Cybertech Sourcebook, nor for much of Rotten to the Core (although the section on Libreville was pretty cool).

Gallowglass October 8th, 2002 06:08 AM

Tough call, because even the supplements I didn't personally like were pretty good, although less than perfectly edited (Ground Vehicle Guide, Ships of the French Arm spring to mind).

Given I quite rapidly tired of killing bugs, my interests drifted away from Kafer material, so I would have to say my shortlist would be Nyotekundu, Aurore (was anybody else freaked for several months before realising that it was the planet from Decision at Hunder Rift, the Battletech Novel?) and, despite it's flaws, Bayern. These, to my mind, caught the sesne of wonder aspect of good hard SF without over reliance on military plot lines. The OMS Andrew Carnegie was a good friend, even turning up in my weird cyberthulhu game in the Sol system Belt.