Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   2300AD & 2320 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Favorite module? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=7659)

dan891 June 20th, 2008 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Schutze (Post 268141)

That i dont find a problem, probably because I live in a commonwealth country and am aware of the various governments Britain has used over the centuries.

My problem is the total lack of consistency in contents eg the treatment of system, ecosphere, colony setup details. This has been improved by Colin in 2320 but could still have been done FAR better.

I have lived and worked in two Commonwealth countries and am very aware of the history. It irritates me in 2k3 Britain's case as there is no coherence in government or development. (eg Alicia with an elected Governor, but an appointed 12 man Privy Council, for a 25M strong colony is pretty poor.) Others have similar problems.

But yes there is no consistancy in the wider details either.

Britti_Lover September 18th, 2008 03:57 AM

Ranger!

Ah yes - My favorite 2300AD module - there is two I still love to play today:

Ranger - this module is a hoot to run -- true classic SF adventure.

Earth/Cybertech Sourcebook (includes the great adventure "Rotten to the Core") -- this allowed you to play 2300AD as:

2300AD - The Cyberpunk Game of a Dark Gritty Future. (I actually have a GDW catalog that lists 2300AD as the ultimate Cyberpunk RPG). The picture for the game in the GDW catalog was a hot looking Gal netrunner with obvious cyber enhancements.

I really like the new version - 2320AD -- because its a bargin at 25 dollars for a 375 page .pdf -- very very nice. The fact that it requires T20 to play makes it almost a Traveller ATU now.

On ebay 2300AD RPG stuff is sold with the Traveller stuff - One lot of four Traveller books listed 2 MegaTraveller books and 2 Traveller:2300 books.

To me 2300 played well all three ways - New State of the Art SF RPG, Cyberpunk RPG or Traveller ATU.

But of the three versions, the game improved with each edition - 2320AD is really well done (the best version yet) and both Ranger and "Rotten to the Core" play very well with it.

When I got into 2300AD it was: "2300AD - the Cyberpunk Game of a Dark Gritty Future" as advertized by GDW in their catalogs.

I only played it as a cyberpunk game - and we loved it. Having other worlds to role-play on made 2300AD quite fun and better than the other cyberpunk games on the market.

I now play it as "GURPS ULTRATECH: Blade Runner" with all the 2300AD material all updated for GURPS 4e.

In fact - it will be at 5 MAJOR Gaming conventions starting next month.

Ranger for 2300AD is a fabulous adventure - I've actually got Dave Nelson's hand-written origonal copy of that adventure!

He knew I loved 2300AD and sent it to me as a gift!

Hey Navy guy - you can always run games on "Playbyweb"

I'm currently doing "Karate Kittens" with 2300AD, Traveller and GURPS Material combined together on "Playbyweb" under Traveller Games.

Starviking September 18th, 2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan891 (Post 268194)
I have lived and worked in two Commonwealth countries and am very aware of the history. It irritates me in 2k3 Britain's case as there is no coherence in government or development. (eg Alicia with an elected Governor, but an appointed 12 man Privy Council, for a 25M strong colony is pretty poor.) Others have similar problems.

But yes there is no consistancy in the wider details either.

The colony of Crater struck me as a ham-fisted recreation of 19th Century Australia - just unbelievable.

There was a definite archaic bent to the portrayal of the UK in 2300 - hell, the SotFA even had 'England' as the UK nationality!

Murph February 1st, 2012 10:55 PM

But don't you know the sun never sets on the British Empire!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starviking (Post 282073)
The colony of Crater struck me as a ham-fisted recreation of 19th Century Australia - just unbelievable.

There was a definite archaic bent to the portrayal of the UK in 2300 - hell, the SotFA even had 'England' as the UK nationality!