Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   2300AD & 2320 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   2300AD to return (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=23027)

Colin September 8th, 2010 08:18 PM

2300AD to return

Mongoose just made the announcement today that a Traveller-powered version of 2300AD would be produced and released by Mongoose in 2011.

Written by me.

aramis September 8th, 2010 09:03 PM

It'd better be awesome... We don't want no fans lynching you... Now, Back to work!

Andrew M September 8th, 2010 10:58 PM

I am envious and in awe already!

FreeTrav September 9th, 2010 12:17 AM

So, let's see... GDW releases a game called "Traveller: 2300" that doesn't bear any resemblance - in either system or setting - to their flagship product, "Traveller".

Now, Mongoose is going to release a setting called "2300AD", named for the re-release of what was originally published as "Traveller: 2300"... under the "Traveller" rules...

DAMMIT, THIS ONE SHOULD BE CALLED "TRAVELLER: 2300"!!!eleventy1one!

Peter Schutze September 9th, 2010 02:08 AM

some hints ?
2300AD like the game started (cheering)
2320 update (hmmm can we edit out the Kafer war solution ?)
or 2300 with the Kafer war (well I might still buy it)

robject September 9th, 2010 02:18 AM

Good show, Colin. This is great news.

Colin September 9th, 2010 02:39 AM

It is 2300AD, set in 2300AD, only a few short years after a mysterious alien race attacked the distant colony world of Aurore. Was it all a misunderstanding, or are they a race of genocidal monsters bent on blowing up cities and eating babies? Time will tell.

There will be influences from 2320AD, but most of those will not be felt until later products. There will likely be greater scope for DNA modifications, augmentations, and I'm looking at doing some interesting things for character background. It's not Transhuman Space:2300, though.

We're likely going to update the star map with more current data, too.

It should be a great deal of fun, both to play and the write. I'm looking forward to actually holding a real book in my hands at the end of the day.

cdward September 9th, 2010 05:57 AM

Fantastic News

Well that's my Birthday present list sorted!

Chris D-W

Sturn September 9th, 2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 356643)
It is 2300AD, set in 2300AD.....There will be influences from 2320AD, but most of those will not be felt until later products.....

Exactly what I had hoped. The standard setting would be best for new players or those wishing to relive it. Starting with 2320 AD could confuse some new players or make them feel like they missed out on the Kafer War. This way it sounds like we get both. I'm hoping a 2320 AD supplement down the road to advance the timeline, add new equipment, etc.

Quote:

There will likely be greater scope for DNA modifications, augmentations, and I'm looking at doing some interesting things for character background. It's not Transhuman Space:2300, though.

Again perfect in my opinion. 2300 AD updated with what we now know, but not going so far to make it a different setting such as Transhuman Space.

Quote:

We're likely going to update the star map with more current data, too.

And again a big thumbs up.

I hope the core book goes over well, because this is my personal wish list, in tentative order: :D

2300 AD Core: Default setting, careers, equipment, star map, starship creation for 2300 AD.
World Guide: Details on each of the Arms plus Earth.
Vehicles & Equipment: Combine the two old ones. Traveller's vehicle creation system modified for 2300 AD.
Starships: Of all Arms, not just the French one.
Kafer War Campaign Setting: Think Invasion plus adventures. Original Invasion described the war, but it would be nice to have things the players could actually do without making the adventures up yourself.
2320 AD Campaign Setting: After the Kafer War campaign. Changes that came to the worlds, new equipment, Kafer Space, etc.

Quote:

....and I'm looking at doing some interesting things for character background.

Almost missed this. Timeline affecting character background perhaps? Then the options could be expanded when advancing the timeline for players created 5 terms later during the 2320 AD setting? Nationality affecting CGoptions might be nice also.

dmccoy1693 September 9th, 2010 02:29 PM

Hey, congrats sir. Can't wait to see the final.