Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Traveller 5 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Imperiallines No. 8 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=33326)

robject September 25th, 2014 11:16 AM

Imperiallines No. 8

Want to Write for Traveller?

If you have a subject dear to your heart that can be made to "point to" Traveller5, we are happy to consider submissions. Let me know (robert -dot- eaglestone -at- gmail -dot- com) if you're interested, and what you're interested in.

The purpose of Imperiallines is to support Traveller5, for example by providing walk-through examples for its design systems, and by publishing material -- e.g. Casual Encounter, Contact!, Auction Block, Shipyard, Ship's Locker, Bestiary, Scrapyard, Milieu Overview, Amber Zone, and other features -- for help in playing or refereeing Traveller. When rules are referenced, the rules are Traveller5's.

Most issues have a general guiding theme in mind, with the goal being to cover Traveller5's usage and gradually open up the milieu.

No. 6's theme is "Regina", I suppose, and is available since November 2014.

No. 7's theme is "Nobles" and is available since January 2015.

No. 8 has two trade-related articles, uh, with a criminal bent.

No. 9 and beyond have articles tentatively scheduled and partially written.

Suggestions I've heard so far:

* A fill form sheet for a small trader, then a combat example, preferably between ships of different tech levels (e.g. trader vs corsair).

atpollard September 25th, 2014 11:24 AM

I am a little fuzzy on the intended purpose of the magazine.

Is it an attempt to present new T5 stuff for referees and players?
Is it a vehicle to explain the complex parts of the T5 BBB?
Is it the revised rules that T5 topics speak of from time to time?

robject September 25th, 2014 11:39 AM

The purpose of Imperiallines is to support Traveller5, for example by providing walk-through examples for its design systems, and by publishing material -- e.g. Casual Encounter, Contact!, Auction Block, Shipyard, Ship's Locker, Bestiary, Scrapyard, Milieu Overview, Amber Zone, and other features -- for help in playing or refereeing Traveller. Designed things are either designed new from T5, or are adapted into T5.

whulorigan September 25th, 2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robject (Post 491130)
The purpose of Imperiallines is to support Traveller5 ...

No. 7 will be released the week of November 17. Its theme is "Nobles".

Thank You! :)

robject September 25th, 2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whulorigan (Post 491138)
Thank You! :)

I saw your post earlier. We already had the theme and content. You must be psionic.

By the way, there will have to be a walk-thru for taking a character through psionics training. We haven't written one of those yet.

Hemdian September 25th, 2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robject (Post 491136)
The purpose of Imperiallines is to support Traveller5, for example by providing walk-through examples for its design systems, and by publishing material -- e.g. Casual Encounter, Contact!, Auction Block, Shipyard, Ship's Locker, Bestiary, Scrapyard, Milieu Overview, Amber Zone, and other features -- for help in playing or refereeing Traveller. Designed things are either designed new from T5, or are adapted into T5.

So, kind of JTAS for T5. Cool. Very, very cool. :) And as the number of issues build up there should be somewhere for people to find and download all the back issues.

JFGarber September 26th, 2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

I and the rest would like to hear your input.

I'd like to see a fill form sheet for a small trader, then a combat example. An example of combat between ships of different tech levels with different tech level weaponry would be lovely.

robject September 26th, 2014 06:57 PM

I've updated the original post to include the themes for issues No. 9, 10, and 11. Content for Nos. 7 and 8 is complete, and is undergoing review, treatments, finishings, tearings down, discussion, and so on.

@JFGarber: You're right: Starship shipsheets and combat, as well as personal combat, will ABSOLUTELY have to be dealt with in Imperiallines issues. I suspect that starship combat will be edited once the edits to personal combat are finalized.

Although, now that I think about it, a shipsheet could be produced before combat is worked on. That's a good idea. Thanks.

Ulsyus September 27th, 2014 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFGarber (Post 491233)
I'd like to see a fill form sheet for a small trader, then a combat example. An example of combat between ships of different tech levels with different tech level weaponry would be lovely.

Great idea. TL10 Free Trader vs a TL12 Corsair.

whulorigan November 17th, 2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

No. 7 will be released the week of November 17. Its theme is "Nobles".

OK, I am chomping at the bit. :)