Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   MegaTraveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   MegaTraveller CDRom? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=11163)

FlightCommanderSolitude November 18th, 2003 01:07 PM

My thoughts on this:

I'd certainly purchase a copy, no matter the packaging. Nice packaging would be a plus, but is inessential for such an otherwise uncollectible item.

I'd be interested to know how these materials will be presented. I'm assuming as PDF, with the text being either a) dumps from whatever electronic source materials GDW originally used or b) OCR'd from product scans and presumably spellchecked and reformatted. Will these try to be "facsimile" versions, or just huge blobs of text?

In any case it sounds like a fair amount of work, and a fair price! There are still a number of CT materials that I hope to purchase in reprint, but I would certainly support an MT digitial release if a paper reprint is unfeasible.

My thoughts on this:

I'd certainly purchase a copy, no matter the packaging. Nice packaging would be a plus, but is inessential for such an otherwise uncollectible item.

I'd be interested to know how these materials will be presented. I'm assuming as PDF, with the text being either a) dumps from whatever electronic source materials GDW originally used or b) OCR'd from product scans and presumably spellchecked and reformatted. Will these try to be "facsimile" versions, or just huge blobs of text?

In any case it sounds like a fair amount of work, and a fair price! There are still a number of CT materials that I hope to purchase in reprint, but I would certainly support an MT digitial release if a paper reprint is unfeasible.

My thoughts on this:

T. Foster November 18th, 2003 01:31 PM

I'd rather see a print re-release in 3 volumes (v1: boxed set + Rebellion Sourcebook + Ref Companion; v2: COACC, SSotFI, Knightfall, Hard Times, 3 folios; v3: collected Challenge articles) but I suppose that's not feasible. To be honest, a CD release isn't very interesting to me and I doubt I'd buy it.

I'd rather see a print re-release in 3 volumes (v1: boxed set + Rebellion Sourcebook + Ref Companion; v2: COACC, SSotFI, Knightfall, Hard Times, 3 folios; v3: collected Challenge articles) but I suppose that's not feasible. To be honest, a CD release isn't very interesting to me and I doubt I'd buy it.

FlightCommanderSolitude November 18th, 2003 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by T. Foster:
I'd rather see a print re-release in 3 volumes ...
Yes, I should have stated that I'd prefer to purchase paper reprints over a CDROM ... but would prefer a CDROM to nothing!

Quote:

Yes, I should have stated that I'd prefer to purchase paper reprints over a CDROM ... but would prefer a CDROM to nothing!

Quote:

daryen November 18th, 2003 02:49 PM

Marc has pretty definitively stated that any MT reprints would only be done on CD-ROM, not on paper.

Based on the wording of Hunter's posts, I assume this position has not changed.