Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Classic Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   CT Errata Compendium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=20051)

dean February 6th, 2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBat242 (Post 367761)
Except that spinal mounts are always singular, correct?

In which case right there is an example of an individual weapon being a battery!

The definition in question is "weapon mount". There's no question about battery.

BlackBat242 February 7th, 2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean (Post 367828)
The definition in question is "weapon mount". There's no question about battery.

I typed the wrong word (and have edited my post).

Your assertion was that "weapon mount" included spinal mounts but not individual weapons... and my query was that, since spinal mounts ARE always singular (and thus meet the definition of "individual"), how can a spinal mount be an weapon mount but not an individual weapon?

dean February 7th, 2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBat242 (Post 367860)

Your assertion was that "weapon mount" included spinal mounts but not individual weapons... and my query was that, since spinal mounts ARE always singular (and thus meet the definition of "individual"), how can a spinal mount be an weapon mount but not an individual weapon?

But the Weapon is not the Mount.
Refer to the ship refit rules (S5: TCS) where it says you CAN change the weapon in the mount, so long as the tonnage does not increase. So the "mount" isn't the weapon, or you could not refit.

Any how, the point of the matter is/was that by rule text and logic you can identify that mounts are spinal, bay and turrets. No where does it state an individual weapon is a weapon mount, and if there's doubt then that's why we need a clarification.

Dragoner February 7th, 2011 04:14 PM

A weapon mount is a weapon component used to secure an armament. Weapon mounts can be broken down into two categories: static mounts and non-static mounts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_mount

pendragonman February 7th, 2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBat242 (Post 367860)

Blackbat, you answer your own assertion. By calling it a spinal mount you admit that spinal mounts are weapon mounts. But by calling it a spinal mount without identifying what kind of weapon then we are not talking about a weapon but a mount only. Until you identify a weapon type you are not talking about a weapon but a mount.

Now, had you said "Factor T Spinal Meson Gun" you identify a) the weapon and b) the mount (and c) the battery factor).

Grognard February 13th, 2011 01:27 PM

Zhodani module errata

Did I miss an errata for Zhodani?

I note that on page 43, Body Pistol has a +6 at medium range......(!!)
Are the weapon damage dice values correct also?

Matt123 March 4th, 2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonM (Post 367712)
As to Dean's point of all weapons in a turret being in one battery, I don't think that is the case. Remember that a mixed turret could be two lasers and a missile launcher, and the two lasers must each still be in their own battery. So I think the designers intended to allow that a triple beam laser turret could be three batteries of one beam laser each. Seems very counter-productive, but still legal.

I can't comment on how productive that would be, but it does fit with the interpretation that a Weapon Mount = a mount for a weapon. (Not a turret etc.)

Given the first two sentances (Batteries HG pg29) gives you the option of grouping similar weapon mounts if you have 10 or less, the triple laser turret containing 3 batteries fits nicely (it's effectiveness aside).

All the mixed turret rule does, is allow you to mix & match differant mounts in the same turret.

Matt123 March 4th, 2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonM (Post 367712)
Hmm... seems I should ask another clarification. Under Small Craft weapons, it reads "the pilot is assumed to be the gunner for one type of weapon on the craft". Should that read "battery" instead of "type"? As soon as I'm done with my current project, I'll go do that...

If you change that, don't forget to change these bits;

- Sandcasters require a gunner
- Pilots cannot fire weapons, a gunner must be present
- Staterooms must be 4 tons and cost 500,000 Cr
- A Bridge must be present

We can't have small craft with differant rules to big craft. http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...es/biggrin.gif

dean March 4th, 2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt123 (Post 369426)
I can't comment on how productive that would be, but it does fit with the interpretation that a Weapon Mount = a mount for a weapon. (Not a turret etc.)

Given the first two sentances (Batteries HG pg29) gives you the option of grouping similar weapon mounts if you have 10 or less, the triple laser turret containing 3 batteries fits nicely (it's effectiveness aside).

All the mixed turret rule does, is allow you to mix & match differant mounts in the same turret.

EACH BATTERY REQUIRES a GUNNER.

It is very disadvantageous.

And a weapon mount <> a weapon. I have proofed that statement and no amount of argument can change that there is no part of the rules that refute the proof - it is not subject to "interpretation". Find a rule(s) that refute the proof and present them, please.

Please errata that... please! : )

dean March 4th, 2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt123 (Post 369427)
If you change that, don't forget to change these bits;

- Sandcasters require a gunner
- Pilots cannot fire weapons, a gunner must be present
- Staterooms must be 4 tons and cost 500,000 Cr
- A Bridge must be present

We can't have small craft with differant rules to big craft. http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Dis...es/biggrin.gif

The rules are different for a reason. You're just being snippy now. :p

No offense :)