Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   MegaTraveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Megatraveller: What do I need to play?? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=11228)

tcabril April 26th, 2005 09:29 AM

www.drivethrurpg.com has most of GDW's books available on PDF - pretty much what GDW had in its library when they went bankrupt (per drivethrurpg) and since I never played or read MegaTraveller I was wondering where I should start my collection.
I belive, at the least, I will need MegaTraveller Player's Manual and the MegaTraveller Referee's Manual.

But what else - just to get started?

Thanks.

I am a huge fan of Traveller and want to get as much access to the materials (regardless of version) as I can. I just plain love reading the stuff.

Thanks

www.drivethrurpg.com has most of GDW's books available on PDF - pretty much what GDW had in its library when they went bankrupt (per drivethrurpg) and since I never played or read MegaTraveller I was wondering where I should start my collection.
I belive, at the least, I will need MegaTraveller Player's Manual and the MegaTraveller Referee's Manual.

Thanks.

I am a huge fan of Traveller and want to get as much access to the materials (regardless of version) as I can. I just plain love reading the stuff.

Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks

FlightCommanderSolitude April 26th, 2005 01:49 PM

The Imperial Encyclopedia is kind of cool for background material. That and the two volumes you mention comprised the original boxed set. I hear Hard Times is a keep, too, but I don't have that.

The Imperial Encyclopedia is kind of cool for background material. That and the two volumes you mention comprised the original boxed set. I hear Hard Times is a keep, too, but I don't have that.

theSea April 26th, 2005 01:59 PM

The original MT box set contained the Player's Book, The Ref's book and the Imperial Encyclopedia. I'd recommend that as a basic 'getchagoin.'

The Referee's Companion is a collection of rules and OTU material that didn't make it into the first three books. If you're looking for OTU background material then the Rebellion Sourcebook and Hard Times would be next on the list.

COAAC and Fighting Ships are not essential unless you have a compelling need for broken starship and aircraft stats.

Most of the adventure materials are pretty good with Knightfall and Arrival Vengance being my personal faves.

Enjoy!

--michael

The original MT box set contained the Player's Book, The Ref's book and the Imperial Encyclopedia. I'd recommend that as a basic 'getchagoin.'

The Referee's Companion is a collection of rules and OTU material that didn't make it into the first three books. If you're looking for OTU background material then the Rebellion Sourcebook and Hard Times would be next on the list.

COAAC and Fighting Ships are not essential unless you have a compelling need for broken starship and aircraft stats.

Most of the adventure materials are pretty good with Knightfall and Arrival Vengance being my personal faves.

Enjoy!

--michael

Enjoy!

--michael

Chuck Anumia April 26th, 2005 02:08 PM

I would also get a copy of the LBB 101 starships and perhaps a copy of 76 Patrons to introduce your players to.