Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Mongoose Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Mongoose - traveller returns (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=13636)

Eamonn August 4th, 2007 06:44 AM

Mongoose - traveller returns

I apologise if this is posted elsewhere but what do folks think about this announcement:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ne...40e5ca192c0eba

Its long but starts

"After a near 10-year gap in which only reprints of the Traveller game system
have been available, Mongoose Publishing becomes the centralised resource
for Traveller titles with the publication of their core rule book Traveller:
Science-Fiction Adventures in the Far Future, in February 2008. On this
foundation, Mongoose will produce a supporting line of supplements,
adventures, and sourcebooks detailing the official and original Traveller
universe of the far future."

Given mongoose's experiance with Runequest I am feel quite positive about it.

Lucius August 4th, 2007 07:01 AM

I'd have to agree that this has a lot of potential, but I thought that a 5th edition was already being written by Marc Miller? Or are they going to be done side by side? It'll be interesting to see which version will be better, but I know which one my money will b on!

hunter August 4th, 2007 07:07 AM

Well I was going to wait to announce this at 9am EST, but since it's already been announced by Mongoose ;)

Border Reiver August 4th, 2007 07:13 AM

Wait a minute.

Quote:

It is our aim to halt the fragmentation of the Traveller game, and reintroduce one solid system (based on Classic Traveller), with one source for the official Traveller universe.
What does this mean for QLI and SJG?

Also is this ACT under a different guise? Knowing MJD's previous links with Mongoose it seems entirely possible.

Border Reiver August 4th, 2007 07:16 AM

This is not to say I'm not excited.:)

Here's hoping they actually have some decent proof readers this time round.:mad:

Well happy and looking forward to T5 even more.

hunter August 4th, 2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 231751)
What does this mean for QLI and SJG?

Our current licenses will not be extended beyond their current terms, in the case of T20 this is not for another few years. After that we can convert to a Traveller license from Mongoose allowing us to continue to develop OTU material but using the Mongoose ruleset. We'll also be able to develop material for T5 as well through Marc.

As for what happens to the T20 rules when the license expires, I'll have more on that later ;)

Quote:

Also is this ACT under a different guise? Knowing MJD's previous links with Mongoose it seems entirely possible.
It will be based on CT, but with T5 in mind as well. Think of the Mongoose rules as the 'basic' rules and T5 as the 'advanced' rules. As for it being related to ACT, no.

hunter August 4th, 2007 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucius (Post 231748)
I'd have to agree that this has a lot of potential, but I thought that a 5th edition was already being written by Marc Miller? Or are they going to be done side by side? It'll be interesting to see which version will be better, but I know which one my money will b on!

The Mongoose rules will be the 'basic' rules set to T5's 'advanced' rules is my understanding from Marc.

Hemdian August 4th, 2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eamonn (Post 231747)
I apologise if this is posted elsewhere but what do folks think about this announcement:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ne...40e5ca192c0eba

I'm sure it'll be good, but the press release didn't scan well:
  • They say for the past 10 years there were only reprints available. That ignores T20 and GT unless you limit the scope of the statement to CT ... but that still ignores BITS products (that are system agnostic).

• They say their aim is to halt the fragmentation of Traveller. Yet they are releasing a game system shortly after and separate from T5 (albeit a subset of T5). They'll release it under an OG licence and support non-OTU backgrounds. How does that halt fragmentation? And what does that mean for T20 and GT, are those licences to be cancelled?

Slightly confusing. More so for people not as familiar with Traveller's publishing history (potential new players).

Regards PLST

[EDIT]Okay, QLI's status was answered while I was writing this.

Berg August 4th, 2007 07:35 AM

Wow.... Hunter you sneaky devil... did a good job skirting the issue at RPGnet ;)

I hope this bodes well for QLI and Avenger, as I enjoy your products... :)

hunter August 4th, 2007 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berg (Post 231756)
Wow.... Hunter you sneaky devil... did a good job skirting the issue at RPGnet ;)

It was hard not to let the cat out of the bag. I wasn't supposed to announce until 9am this morning, but since it had already been posted on the Mongoose forums and a copy already posted here...

Quote:

I hope this bodes well for QLI and Avenger, as I enjoy your products... :)
We'll still be here producing OTU material both while our current license is in effect (for a few years yet) and then under the Mongoose Traveller logo license. As for T20, we will continue to support it as well during the remainder of the license, but there might be some changes ;)

Starflyer August 4th, 2007 07:42 AM

Interesting news indeed. My favourite games all under one producer, RQ and Traveller..........mmm? is it another evil empire forming.

Sincerely hope that the Traveller rules are better written than the MRQ ones, which frankly were pretty damn poor. The standard of the editing was dreadful and although the Gloranthan supplements have been much improved having to buy several thin volumes just to gather enough basic rules to actually play was pretty annoying and expensive to boot.

The bid to end the fractionating of Traveller is a good one, I just think we will have to make it a compulsory purchase and that all previous versions will have to be collected in :-).

Anyway all in all now I've got three new versions of Traveller to look forward too in the next 6 months or so! (Traveller Hero, T5 and MT...oh wait don't we already have an MT?)

Gallowglacht August 4th, 2007 07:52 AM

Well I love the Conan, Slaine(d20) and Starship Troopers games by Mongoose, however the new RuneQuest seems a bit of a mess, especially combat so I'm a bit worried.
At the moment I'm using a mix of SST and T20 to put together a campaign and I like both games, I dont really see the need for change so I'm a bit concerned especially seeing how underwhelmed I was by MRQ.

(BTW RQ has an SRD like D20 so anyone who is interested in checking out the RuneQuest rules.)

I for one dont really mind the fragmentation as people can choose the system they like to play the game. However it would probably be more economically sound to have the one system.

Berg August 4th, 2007 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 231757)
We'll still be here producing OTU material both while our current license is in effect (for a few years yet) and then under the Mongoose Traveller logo license. As for T20, we will continue to support it as well during the remainder of the license, but there might be some changes ;)

I do hope you'll be able to elaborate soon... will you be working in conjunction with Mongoose perhaps, or simply be a licensee... ?

Will QLI material be released with Tri stats? :eek: (CT, T20 MGT)

Andrew Boulton August 4th, 2007 08:02 AM

Well.

My brain is still trying to process this.

hunter August 4th, 2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berg (Post 231761)
I do hope you'll be able to elaborate soon... will you be working in conjunction with Mongoose perhaps, or simply be a licensee... ?

I'll work with Mongoose any way I can. I've offered them any support we can give them as far as CotI goes. And yes we'll likely pick up a TTL license from Mongoose even though our own license still has a few years to go.

Let me just make clear, we are not abandoning or altering our support for T20 in any way.

Quote:

Will QLI material be released with Tri stats? :eek: (CT, T20 MGT)
As far as I have been told there will not be any dual stats done. Likely we will either release rule specific editions or rules free editions.

Berg August 4th, 2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 231765)
I'll work with Mongoose any way I can. I've offered them any support we can give them as far as CotI goes.

This should be interesting for COTI... I can't see the Traveller community moving to the Mongoose forums... not with the shiny new boards here :)

hunter August 4th, 2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berg (Post 231766)
This should be interesting for COTI... I can't see the Traveller community moving to the Mongoose forums... not with the shiny new boards here :)

Pretty much what I said to them ;)

Berg August 4th, 2007 08:37 AM

What time frame is MGT gonna use? 1248? What locations...?

Do you know? Can you tell us? Can the Cat come out and play? ;)

Flynn August 4th, 2007 08:43 AM

I'm very curious what this could mean for Stellar Reaches and similar potential 3rd-party efforts. I definitely am looking forward to more news on this matter. These are very exciting times! :)

With Regards,
Flynn

Jeff M. Hopper August 4th, 2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flynn (Post 231771)
I'm very curious what this could mean for Stellar Reaches and similar potential 3rd-party efforts. I definitely am looking forward to more news on this matter. These are very exciting times! :)

With Regards,
Flynn

Ditto what Flynn said. With an OGL and TLL involved with this effort, I'm going to have to rethink my small business plan.

kafka47 August 4th, 2007 10:22 AM

kewl

Well, if they keep the artists that Mongoose has on staff, this is going to be one nice looking product.

Plus, what was that swipe at only being in reprints T20 and GURPS and ComStar have all being keeping the flame alive whilst others have been somewhat idle.

But, I do see a pattern emerging with t4, big announcement and big names, my hope is that Marc is not going to repeat the mistakes of the past and put all items for extensive playtest, afterall, this is probably going to be the last word in Traveller, so let's get it right this time - for all time.

Pickles August 4th, 2007 12:00 PM

If the Mongoose "basic" Traveller is as basic as their RuneQuest rules, you'll basically (pardon me) have to get T5 to really play the game. :devil:

Allensh August 4th, 2007 12:53 PM

Extremely interesting news.

How is this announcment going to affect the Traveller Hero line that has been being worked on? I know some folks who were deeply involved in that...

Allen

hemulen August 4th, 2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafka47 (Post 231781)
Well, if they keep the artists that Mongoose has on staff, this is going to be one nice looking product.

But the artwork in the RuneQuest line is absolutely dire!

Mark

aramis August 4th, 2007 02:39 PM

If MRQ is any indication:
  • The core line will be desperately in need of errata which will not be forthcoming
  • There will be continuity errors in the core
  • There will be some seriously boneheaded editorial decisions
  • There will be a typo per 3 pages or more.

Mongoose is great about getting stuff out. Their quality control, however, is on par with the DGP-GDW joint effort: MT.

And worst of all, I fear, it's likely to include the T4 task system

hemulen August 4th, 2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starflyer (Post 231758)
Sincerely hope that the Traveller rules are better written than the MRQ ones, which frankly were pretty damn poor. The standard of the editing was dreadful and although the Gloranthan supplements have been much improved having to buy several thin volumes just to gather enough basic rules to actually play was pretty annoying and expensive to boot

I like the fact that in the Press Release, they refer to a supplement called "760 Patrons". You think they'd get that right!

I was very disappointed with the RQ release. I hope they do better for Traveller.

Mark

hunter August 4th, 2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berg (Post 231770)
What time frame is MGT gonna use? 1248? What locations...?

Do you know? Can you tell us? Can the Cat come out and play? ;)

I don't know Mongoose's specific plans for release, just what the overall deal entails.

hunter August 4th, 2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Bromgrev (Post 231783)
If the Mongoose "basic" Traveller is as basic as their RuneQuest rules, you'll basically (pardon me) have to get T5 to really play the game. :devil:

No you won't.

hunter August 4th, 2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 231796)
And worst of all, I fear, it's likely to include the T4 task system

Most likely T5's task system.

far-trader August 4th, 2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemulen (Post 231797)
I like the fact that in the Press Release, they refer to a supplement called "760 Patrons". You think they'd get that right!

Mark

Saw that too did you ;)

When I read it I was afraid they had got it right and we could look forward to :rolleyes: a book of faceless, soulless, randomly generated, page after page after page, of "UPP : X-terms Service" or whatever :smirk:

richardtalbotuk August 4th, 2007 04:06 PM

I am of two minds about this...

Mongoose's implementation of RQ was welcomed but flawed in quite a few areas.

I'm also a little tired of yet "another version" Traveller on top of the expected T5 release. As I GM many Traveller games at cons the age old question of "What version are you running" always comes up and this adds more fuel to the fire.

that being said it will be a new "live" version and should be well supported.

My brain is still digesting this though...

hunter August 4th, 2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardtalbotuk (Post 231816)
I am of two minds about this...

Mongoose's implementation of RQ was welcomed but flawed in quite a few areas.

I'm also a little tired of yet "another version" Traveller on top of the expected T5 release. As I GM many Traveller games at cons the age old question of "What version are you running" always comes up and this adds more fuel to the fire.

One of the points of the Mongoose license is to eventually bring Traveller back to one core system (Mongoose as the 'basic', T5 as the 'advanced'). The only way to have done it cleanly would have been to buy out the existing licensees of their licenses (if they were willing to sell). Without doing that the existing licenses will run their course and not be renewed under their current terms and will have to work with Mongoose under the new licenses.

aramis August 4th, 2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 231801)
Most likely T5's task system.

T5's draft was the same one as T4.1, as released by MWM on the TML, just reworded.

hunter August 4th, 2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 231820)
T5's draft was the same one as T4.1, as released by MWM on the TML, just reworded.

I know half-dice were removed (Bruce and I gave Marc hell about them till he agreed to drop em ;) ). There are a few other changes I am aware of as well. Of course the drafts available on the net are incredibly old and out of date.

GypsyComet August 4th, 2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 231818)
One of the points of the Mongoose license is to eventually bring Traveller back to one core system (Mongoose as the 'basic', T5 as the 'advanced'). The only way to have done it cleanly would have been to buy out the existing licensees of their licenses (if they were willing to sell). Without doing that the existing licenses will run their course and not be renewed under their current terms and will have to work with Mongoose under the new licenses.

Bringing Traveller back to one core system wasn't working for the players when there was only one edition in print at a time and only three total. Why is it suddenly going to work with TMon, which will be what, the SEVENTH set of RPG mechanics in print?

Hunter, I would recommend not being resigned to losing the license just yet. Mongoose's history is such that Marc may be glad to keep you around a few years from now.

Gallowglacht August 4th, 2007 05:22 PM

By the looks of it Mongooses fans in the Starship Troopers section aren't too chuffed with the idea.

I'd rather stick with T20 for a while so Hunter if you have stuff in the works I'd buy that over Mongoose Traveller.

flyteach August 4th, 2007 05:46 PM

Mongoose

Color me confused.......

Started with CT for my 18th birthday. Absolutely loved it!

MT was great, IMHO. I know it had errors, but was playable, easily mixed with CT stuff (if not just a superset).

TNE put me off due to the setting, didn't really get into the rules.

T4 was a product from a group that didn't seem to know much at all about Traveller and seemed to have sprung out of nowhere. Lot's of flash and sizzle, but no substance.

GT isn't my cup of tea. Like the CT flavor.

T20 seemed to be overwhelming until I saw the many ways it could be used in CT and that there was actually new stuff (not just reprints) being created.

Glad I didn't hold my breath for T5 for the last 6 years or so, couldn't even make the 30th anniversary deadline with a 2 year announcement.

Now I see this Mongoose company, which (not that it means much) I've never heard of and has had nothing to do with Traveller for the last 30 years. They claim they are going to be THE ruleset. Seems to me that they were just the highest bidder to MWM to capture the name. But with no background, I'm hardpressed to put any faith (or $$) into their products. Just the comments from their RQ release seems to point to the fact that this is just another Imperium Games (T4) fiasco.

Now, when T20 is spreading it's wings and looking like a really nice ruleset to use along with some new and unique adventure and background material, it's going to all go into the dumpster in favor of some new, untried, never before heard of ruleset from a company with no experience and not a very good reputation.

I know that many will think this is simply a rant, but I hope that some will read it and possibly respond in a better light (but just saying "oh, this is great" will not be useful). This seems as dark as the Virus announcement.

Am I truly missing something here? It's certainly not a budget issue for me. I had to scrape and save all through college to get Traveller books (1980 to 1984). Gainfully employed since and can buy what I want, but I really have to want to. I'm just not impressed that MWM seems to be selling out to a minor league player.

And it certainly seems to me that building up ANOTHER rule set does nothing to stop the fractionalizing. It simply produces another ruleset (which I have no desire or need for) and I don't see where they're talking about new and unique material. That's what I really like about T20, the unique material that QLI has published is some of the best stuff since the Keith brothers.

<sigh!>

That's my take,

Jim Ujcik
(if you want to rant back to me in private, feel free at:

soareagle -at- flightbrothers -dot- com)

hunter August 4th, 2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyComet (Post 231825)
Hunter, I would recommend not being resigned to losing the license just yet. Mongoose's history is such that Marc may be glad to keep you around a few years from now.

Thank you very much! I'm not worried about losing the license. I work very closely with Marc and consider him both friend and mentor. Because of this I support Traveller in any form. While as a licensee I have a few issues with what has gone down (and I have known about it for quite awhile), I support the move. It's a good deal for Marc and I think it will be a good thing for Traveller overall.

As far as T20 goes, I still have 3 years on my current license, and lets just say T20 as a ruleset won't likely disappear after that. I intend to pick up any licenses necessary to continue to support Gateway under the Mongoose terms when our current license expires.

2320 is not affected by this at all let me also add.

hunter August 4th, 2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gallowglacht (Post 231829)
I'd rather stick with T20 for a while so Hunter if you have stuff in the works I'd buy that over Mongoose Traveller.

Thanks again! You guys don't know how good hearing things like this makes me feel. I appreciate the support more than I can tell you!

hunter August 4th, 2007 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyteach (Post 231832)
T20 seemed to be overwhelming until I saw the many ways it could be used in CT and that there was actually new stuff (not just reprints) being created.

Always good to hear! ;)

Quote:

Now I see this Mongoose company, which (not that it means much) I've never heard of and has had nothing to do with Traveller for the last 30 years. They claim they are going to be THE ruleset. Seems to me that they were just the highest bidder to MWM to capture the name. But with no background, I'm hardpressed to put any faith (or $$) into their products. Just the comments from their RQ release seems to point to the fact that this is just another Imperium Games (T4) fiasco.
Actually Mongoose is one of the bigger players in the industry right now with its hands on some nice licenses, particularly in the SciFi genre.

Quote:

Now, when T20 is spreading it's wings and looking like a really nice ruleset to use along with some new and unique adventure and background material, it's going to all go into the dumpster in favor of some new, untried, never before heard of ruleset from a company with no experience and not a very good reputation.
T20 isn't being dumped lets get that clear. I still have 3 years on my current license and I have plans to continue the rules beyond that point.

Quote:

Am I truly missing something here? It's certainly not a budget issue for me. I had to scrape and save all through college to get Traveller books (1980 to 1984). Gainfully employed since and can buy what I want, but I really have to want to. I'm just not impressed that MWM seems to be selling out to a minor league player.
I wouldn't call Mongoose a minor league player. They have the Conan license, Runequest, Starship Troopers, Babylon 5 and a number of other high profile licenses in their stable. They play to use Traveller to power the scifi stuff.

Quote:

And it certainly seems to me that building up ANOTHER rule set does nothing to stop the fractionalizing. It simply produces another ruleset (which I have no desire or need for) and I don't see where they're talking about new and unique material. That's what I really like about T20, the unique material that QLI has published is some of the best stuff since the Keith brothers.
Wow thanks! That's about as high a compliment as we've gotten being compared to the Keith brothers!

Gallowglacht August 4th, 2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 231835)
Thanks again! You guys don't know how good hearing things like this makes me feel. I appreciate the support more than I can tell you!

No problem a chara, I like what you did with it. Was a bit cautious at first and was thinking of sticking to TNE but the more I look, the more I find to like about T20. Looking forward to more...

@flyteach

Mongoose are actually quite good. Conan is better than D&D. Slaine was perfect (and thats coming from an Irish Celt), and SST had a lot of guts and character, a really good game. RuneQuest is where they hit a bum note for me.

Starflyer August 4th, 2007 06:14 PM

I'm hoping we'll see new material being produced set in the Classic era, not just yet another rehash of the Marches and the same old ship types for the n'th time. There was a whole lot of galaxy in that era still to adventure in and since the release states that it will be compatible with existing CT supplements (inc. 760 patrons (sic)) we do not need reprints or indeed another complete new era. Back to its roots I hope.

flyteach August 4th, 2007 06:17 PM

Mongoose

Hunter,

Sorry I wasn't as clear in my original post as I wanted. I didn't mean that T20 is dumped, but ALL the previous rulesets would be dumped (or at least not necessarily officially supported). That's what I liked about your stuff, even though the main thrust was D20, you still support CT (and MT pretty much).

OK, I'm still looking foward to the next 3 years. And don't forget it's the authors that deserve credit for the new material, but you also get a bunch for bringing it to the rest of us.

Please see my email to "travsub".

Keeping the flame!

Jim Ujcik

hunter August 4th, 2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyteach (Post 231840)
Sorry I wasn't as clear in my original post as I wanted. I didn't mean that T20 is dumped, but ALL the previous rulesets would be dumped (or at least not necessarily officially supported). That's what I liked about your stuff, even though the main thrust was D20, you still support CT (and MT pretty much).

I know what you mean, I just wanted to be sure to squash any possible rumor that the T20 ruleset is going away anytime soon.

Quote:

OK, I'm still looking foward to the next 3 years. And don't forget it's the authors that deserve credit for the new material, but you also get a bunch for bringing it to the rest of us.
No doubt! We've worked with some great writers to get where we are. When I say 'we' that who I mean.

Quote:

Please see my email to "travsub".
??

hunter August 4th, 2007 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starflyer (Post 231839)
I'm hoping we'll see new material being produced set in the Classic era, not just yet another rehash of the Marches and the same old ship types for the n'th time. There was a whole lot of galaxy in that era still to adventure in and since the release states that it will be compatible with existing CT supplements (inc. 760 patrons (sic)) we do not need reprints or indeed another complete new era. Back to its roots I hope.

Not sure if you've checked out our Gateway material. Not exactly in the classic era, but very close (993). You won't find much difference in the tone or feel.

aramis August 4th, 2007 06:32 PM

There's already hate and discontent over on the mongoose boards about the supposed plan to migrate their sci-fi stuff over to Traveller.

If, they, as opposed to Marc, do a revision of CT to their core, it may yet be promising. If they instead go T5, I'm likely to just use the OGL to write my own traveller variant, with my preferences in place, and go from there.

That's the beauty of the OGL... once it has been opened, it's not going to be readily closable... so we will have elements of traveller around as long as people share the SRD....:smirk:

Berg August 4th, 2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 231841)
...I just wanted to be sure to squash any possible rumor that the T20 ruleset is going away anytime soon...

Good news :)

I'd also stay on top of this as people will tend to think that it may... mentioning the 3 years will certainly relieve ones worries ;)

Working with Mongoose to keep 993/Gateway going would be a smart move. I wonder if Avenger would/could do the same for 1248 as it would be a shame to have it melt away or be taken over by new authors... which again begs the question, when will the new traveller be? ;)

* I know you can't answer Hunter, just interested...

Berg August 4th, 2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 231843)
If, they, as opposed to Marc, do a revision of CT to their core, it may yet be promising...

I do hope this is the case... then let MWM release the "superset" T5 which could be mined like using AHL, Strker, FFS, etc...

Starflyer August 4th, 2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 231842)
Not sure if you've checked out our Gateway material. Not exactly in the classic era, but very close (993). You won't find much difference in the tone or feel.

Hunter,
Yep I have all your products actually and like them, although my gaming buddies and I opted out of T20 and stuck with CT as the character gen was a bit painful compared to what we knew and loved.

However I was trying to drive at the idea if there's going to be a consolidation and a return to CT type mechanics and OTU settings then new sectors exist and new ship types exist that can be printed up rather than simply reprints of existing designs meant to fit slight rule changes. I don't know how many more versions of the Type S I can take (as long as its not as longwinded as the Hero stats!) and the Marches is old hat now, more rimward sectors and conflicts with the Aslan would top my favorite choices

Regardless I await with bated breath

Martin

MJD August 4th, 2007 08:03 PM

I've written a few things for Mongoose and have a good working relationship with them. I don't know yet whether I'll be involved with Mongoose Traveller (MongTrav??) but I do have some suspicions about what might happen and how.

Whatever anyone might say on the subject you can't deny that Mongoose are extremely professional and big players in the industry. If anyone can make Traveller the mainstream SF rules-set they can.