Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Mongoose Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   It's getting crowded!! (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=13641)

jackleg August 4th, 2007 01:45 PM

It's getting crowded!!
 
Just saw the announcement of Traveller being published by Mongoose in 2008. Also to be published is T-5. In the works now is Traveller: Hero using the Hero game system. There is still Traveller using GURPS & d20.

Can someone explain how this will all break down? Are licenses expiring or being revoked? From the Mongoose website, their ruleset will be the basic rules and T-5 will be the advanced. What about the other systems out there?

hunter August 4th, 2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackleg (Post 231790)
Just saw the announcement of Traveller being published by Mongoose in 2008. Also to be published is T-5. In the works now is Traveller: Hero using the Hero game system. There is still Traveller using GURPS & d20.

Can someone explain how this will all break down? Are licenses expiring or being revoked? From the Mongoose website, their ruleset will be the basic rules and T-5 will be the advanced. What about the other systems out there?

Current license will not be renewed once they expire. The idea is to bring everything down to a basic (Mongoose) ruleset and an advanced (T5) ruleset. In our case we still have a few years to go yet.

Moving this to the Mongoose Traveller forums.

LKW August 5th, 2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunter (Post 231804)
Current license will not be renewed once they expire.

GURPS Traveller is exempt from this provision of the Mongoose license, according to Marc.

hunter August 5th, 2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKW (Post 231940)
GURPS Traveller is exempt from this provision of the Mongoose license, according to Marc.

Yup I was the one who broke the news ;)

robject August 5th, 2007 11:30 PM

If Marc had put a limit on the GURPS license, then I'd no longer assume he knew what he was doing.

Maladominus August 6th, 2007 04:02 AM

Quote:

It's getting crowded!!

It's not officially 'crowded' until someone is desperate enough to publish the "officially sanctioned" system rulebook for LARP Traveller. ;)

hunter August 6th, 2007 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maladominus (Post 232026)
It's not officially 'crowded' until someone is desperate enough to publish the "officially sanctioned" system rulebook for LARP Traveller. ;)

Hmm guess I need to find my tie-dyed tshirts for my Vargr character...:smirk:

The Thing August 6th, 2007 05:18 PM

I don't/won't do any version of d20, and am therefore glad to see that at least one non-d20 version will be out there for those of us who like hit location and decent armor rules.

Allensh August 6th, 2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thing (Post 232145)
I don't/won't do any version of d20, and am therefore glad to see that at least one non-d20 version will be out there for those of us who like hit location and decent armor rules.


Interesting..since Mongoose plans to base their rules on CT, I don't recall seeing hit location rules in there.

Allen

atpollard August 7th, 2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allensh (Post 232166)
Interesting..since Mongoose plans to base their rules on CT, I don't recall seeing hit location rules in there.

The Mongoose press release said that MoTrav would be based on Classic Traveller EXCEPT for Combat and Tasks. I suspect that Combat and Tasks are where some version of the T5 mechanics comes in.

In general, Combat and Tasks were the weakest, most changed in later versions and most 'House Ruled' part of Classic Traveller, so this may not be a bad thing. I just hope that they find a way to KEEP IT SIMPLE since that was what I liked most about CT.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.