Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Traveller 5 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sophonts Excel list and GP (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=40350)

GrayPennell September 11th, 2019 02:12 PM

Sophonts Excel list and GP

I was looking through my Traveller files and saw I have an excel spread sheet list of all known cannon sophonts. Its really cool except a major flaw. It doesn't have the GP. It may be pre T5 but the info would really help. Does anyone have or know of the update to this aid?

tjoneslo September 11th, 2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayPennell (Post 606462)
I was looking through my Traveller files and saw I have an excel spread sheet list of all known cannon sophonts. Its really cool except a major flaw. It doesn't have the GP. It may be pre T5 but the info would really help. Does anyone have or know of the update to this aid?

I have an updated list, based on the Sophonts in the wiki. Who are the GP? Iíll make sure they are on the list.

GrayPennell September 11th, 2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjoneslo (Post 606466)
I have an updated list, based on the Sophonts in the wiki. Who are the GP? Iíll make sure they are on the list.

Its what tells you what 6 characteristics you use for the Sophonts. So if I am rolling a Aslan it would tell me what C3 I use

ThornPlutonius September 11th, 2019 04:27 PM

What is "GP"?

GrayPennell September 11th, 2019 05:05 PM

See T5 pgs 47 and 48

tjoneslo September 11th, 2019 06:07 PM

The list in the wiki wonít have that information, it counts as game rules. I have only seen a few of the races been given a full work up with that information. The major races, a few favorite minor ones.

Is there one or a few you are looking for, or were just hoping for the whole list to choose from?

tjoneslo September 11th, 2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThornPlutonius (Post 606478)
What is "GP"?

Genetic Profile. Human GP = SDEIES (Str, Dex, End, Int, Ed, Soc).

Maksim-Smelchak September 11th, 2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayPennell (Post 606480)
See T5 pgs 47 and 48

The GP - SDEIES (Str, Dex, End, Int, Ed, Soc) is on a number of sophont entries.

I know. I wrote most of them in.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

ThornPlutonius September 12th, 2019 07:58 AM

Thank you, GrayPennell, tjoneslo, and Maksim-Smelchak!

Writing the words out and then parenthetically noting the acronym (e.g., Genetic Profile (GP)) the first time an acronym is used, then just the acronym in future references, is a prescribed way of using acronyms. It avoids confusion and, given T5's use of acronyms, choosing to use this form would be very helpful for readers with whom we are trying to communicate.

As the astronaut said as he approached the massive black monolith before him, "My god! It's full of acronyms!".

Not that you folks don't already know this. /sigh/ The over use of acronyms is one of my pet peeves. Thank you for your patience with this suggestion.

lgriffin September 12th, 2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThornPlutonius (Post 606512)
Not that you folks don't already know this. /sigh/ The over use of acronyms is one of my pet peeves. Thank you for your patience with this suggestion.

I don't like the overuse of TLA's myself (TLA is the three-letter acronym for...three-letter acronyms). :)