Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   MegaTraveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   just something Joe wrote (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=11207)

kafka47 October 29th, 2004 05:13 PM

Quote:

Plus my views on Science Fiction in general have changed. I have come to like the idealistic space opera style of SF, with clear good guys and bad guys, and basically a good yarn story. A fantasy where I can escape for a few hours and come back feeling good.
Traveller can be this and more. I think that Traveller can certainly have a space opera theme, right guys?

I have not played Traveller with a specific alignment in mind...usually, some sort of neutrality triumpths over extremism. What about others how would you characterize your campaigns? Good versus Evil or Law versus Chaos or some sort of hybrid or completely evil or like me, with a neutral view or non-aligned vantage.

Quote:

Plus my views on Science Fiction in general have changed. I have come to like the idealistic space opera style of SF, with clear good guys and bad guys, and basically a good yarn story. A fantasy where I can escape for a few hours and come back feeling good.
Traveller can be this and more. I think that Traveller can certainly have a space opera theme, right guys?

I have not played Traveller with a specific alignment in mind...usually, some sort of neutrality triumpths over extremism. What about others how would you characterize your campaigns? Good versus Evil or Law versus Chaos or some sort of hybrid or completely evil or like me, with a neutral view or non-aligned vantage.

Quote:

Malenfant October 29th, 2004 05:38 PM

An "evil Imperium" might make for a considerably more interesting ATU...

jfugatesr October 29th, 2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kafka47:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

</font>[/QUOTE]Classic Traveller was more space opera to me and that's where I would be these days were I still doing Traveller.

The Rebellion made things too messy in a lot of ways, with all the Machevalean politics. Makes it just a bit too real world for my tastes these days.

Quote:

</font>[/QUOTE]Classic Traveller was more space opera to me and that's where I would be these days were I still doing Traveller.

The Rebellion made things too messy in a lot of ways, with all the Machevalean politics. Makes it just a bit too real world for my tastes these days.

Quote:

RainOfSteel October 29th, 2004 07:01 PM

I'm not sure what I'd call the style of the MTU milieu I've been designing.

Giant Military/Political Space Opera would be the closest, probably. How much the PCs would get involved with it, I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of forcing people down a selected channel.

Setting = 1110 Non-Rebellion, but also non-GT.