Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Mongoose Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Mongoose Core Rulebook errata (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=33028)

DonM July 31st, 2014 01:10 PM

Mongoose Core Rulebook errata
 
http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/...p?f=89&t=78057

Matthew and I have agreed on a new approach to handling Mongoose Traveller errata, which really means handling it the way the legacy errata is handled.

So, we're starting with the Core Rulebook. I want your input...

Spinward Scout July 31st, 2014 01:23 PM

Does this include the Pocket Rulebook? I know there were some things left out from the Core rulebook, but I think it was only the blurbs at the bottom of pages.

DonM August 1st, 2014 09:31 AM

The pocket references are going to be assumed to match their larger parents. If you see the errata for the Core Rulebook, it says this errata also applies to the Pocket Rulebook.

Of course, some people don't see the need for any errata, apparently...

McPerth August 1st, 2014 09:38 AM

Some questions
 
Should we post here the detected (or perceived) errata?

Is already any oficial errata (so that we don't repeat those already detected)?

aramis August 1st, 2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McPerth (Post 485792)
Should we post here the detected (or perceived) errata?

Is already any oficial errata (so that we don't repeat those already detected)?

There is a corrections document for 1st printing.
There is some corebook errata in High Guard.

DonM August 1st, 2014 03:12 PM

Give me a few hours to post the new document... :rofl:

I found some errata to the previously published errata, and wanted approval.

DonM August 3rd, 2014 07:13 PM

First full document posted, http://dmckinne.winterwar.org/pdfs/C...llerErrata.pdf

fridge August 3rd, 2014 07:43 PM

Don

There is a typo on line 2 page 1 "The document represents a catalogue..."

Also a number of the clarifications have not been clarified, they are still questions, eg Core rulebook pages 36, 54, 60 - normally you have these in red colored text and don't publish the items until actually clarified.

Fridge

DonM August 3rd, 2014 09:54 PM

Haven't added the colours yet -- I'm still going through the many e-mails I'm receiving on this. When I can finally definitively close a book, I'll add red. Blue will get added with the next update (0.35 or 0.4), because we'll finally have updates.

The idea is that once this stabilizes, Mongoose will review the red items and provide answers. But what's interesting on this one is that the errata pile is growing and the number of books is very high. Even better, I've now got participation from the third-party Mongoose publishers, and while a few fans seem unsettled by the sudden development, everyone seems to be pleased at the new direction.

I'm just finally happy to get this going!

hiro August 4th, 2014 12:08 AM

Good on ya Don, thanks for putting your time and effort into the errata.

McPerth August 4th, 2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonM (Post 486031)
Haven't added the colours yet -- I'm still going through the many e-mails I'm receiving on this. When I can finally definitively close a book, I'll add red. Blue will get added with the next update (0.35 or 0.4), because we'll finally have updates.

Are perceived errata to be sent to you by Email or posted here?

DonM August 5th, 2014 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McPerth (Post 486123)
Are perceived errata to be sent to you by Email or posted here?

Probably be handled faster if sent to travellererrata@gmail.com...

jeffepp December 17th, 2014 10:45 PM

Could this thread be made sticky, like the one in the CT board?

nats September 20th, 2015 04:42 PM

Errata doc is not found. Someone removed it?

hiro September 21st, 2015 12:28 AM

I believe that the errata for Mongoose was never officially released. It sat on Don's website for an unknown period of time but he pulled it down not too long ago.

DonM September 21st, 2015 11:07 AM

And it's now unnecessary, as we have the Beta for the new edition.

aramis September 21st, 2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonM (Post 517206)
And it's now unnecessary, as we have the Beta for the new edition.

Not really - the errata for 1E will remain a viable issue, because MGT 2E is essentially a whole new game system...

nats September 22nd, 2015 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 517213)
Not really - the errata for 1E will remain a viable issue, because MGT 2E is essentially a whole new game system...


Yes I for one would love to see a complete document of all the Mongoose 1E errata to check its all written in my books. Especially as I have no plans to get into the 2E version for several years at least considering how long it took Mongoose to get a decent version of 1E in print (and having seen some of the illustrations in the 2E version I may never be getting into that version lol).

DickNervous September 22nd, 2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 517213)
Not really - the errata for 1E will remain a viable issue, because MGT 2E is essentially a whole new game system...

I agree. While I like what I have seen so far of 2E, I know that a lot of people aren't to thrilled with it and either won't be moving to it, or will wait a while. So having accurate errata for 1E is still valuable.

Though I can understand that if it is now a little lower on the priority list. :)

hiro September 23rd, 2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nats (Post 517242)
Yes I for one would love to see a complete document of all the Mongoose 1E errata to check its all written in my books. Especially as I have no plans to get into the 2E version for several years at least considering how long it took Mongoose to get a decent version of 1E in print (and having seen some of the illustrations in the 2E version I may never be getting into that version lol).

Nats, did you see my message on your profile page or PM on the Mongoose forum?

nats September 23rd, 2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiro (Post 517284)
Nats, did you see my message on your profile page or PM on the Mongoose forum?

Yes thanks I sent you my email.

McPerth December 8th, 2015 05:54 AM

Will you also collect errata for othre MgT Books?

DonM December 9th, 2015 12:04 AM

That remains for a future discussion with Matt to decide.

hiro December 9th, 2015 02:51 AM

Given that we're X months into the 2nd ed beta of MgT I'd say that any 1st ed errata is dead in the water and if you want to see MgT improve, participating in the beta may be more productive.

rich4421972 December 9th, 2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiro (Post 524547)
Given that we're X months into the 2nd ed beta of MgT I'd say that any 1st ed errata is dead in the water and if you want to see MgT improve, participating in the beta may be more productive.

I think a little of both is in order. For me, the MgT1 errata (and corrected charts) has provided me with a much better understanding of the game mechanic itself. MgT2 seems to have a different mechanic than its predecessor.

As far as accuracy and efficiency go, I want to be there mentally for my players.

hiro December 9th, 2015 11:37 AM

I agree, I found Don's errata really useful, especially the CSC parts which for me made great improvements over the original. Trouble is, the errata that Don compiled has been pulled from his server I believe by agreement with Mongoose.

McPerth December 9th, 2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiro (Post 524547)
Given that we're X months into the 2nd ed beta of MgT I'd say that any 1st ed errata is dead in the water and if you want to see MgT improve, participating in the beta may be more productive.

Well, we're still discussing some errata for CT and MT...

I don't see why MgT should be left aside, when I'm quite sure it will still have partidaries when MgT2 appears (and sure some will like more and some less than MgT1).

If history has to give us a lesson is that any version, no matter how old or (theoretically) dead will have its partidaries that will still want to play it and improve it with errata.

ThornEel February 6th, 2016 06:57 PM

Now that the new version is out there, is there an errata thread somewhere for it?

mike wightman February 7th, 2016 02:07 AM

There is over at the Mongoose website forums - they deal with their errata.

Draconian March 21st, 2016 04:59 PM

Does any Mongoose Traveller 1E errata exist anywhere?
 
The link at the start of the thread no longer works. DonM has passed away.

Assuming someone still has 1st-edition and wants to perfect it, is there a direct no-nonsense link to Mongoose Publishing or anywhere that offers official 1st-edition errata corrections?

aramis March 21st, 2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draconian (Post 534976)
The link at the start of the thread no longer works. DonM has passed away.

Don's site hasn't. He renamed the file, didn't update the link here, so I updated the link.

hiro March 22nd, 2016 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 534985)
I updated the link.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the link now directs to the Classic Traveller errata, not the Mongoose one.

aramis March 22nd, 2016 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiro (Post 534995)
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but the link now directs to the Classic Traveller errata, not the Mongoose one.

In which case, I looked at his site again, and noticed... before his death he pulled the errata update for MGT.

So, I've pulled the link entirely.

l_c_jackson September 30th, 2016 07:00 AM

No duration given for ship monthly maintenance
 
Mongoose Traveller V1 Core Rulebook (PDF) page 138: "Repairs and Maintenance" gives a cost, a required frequency, but curiously not a duration. I make it arbitrarily 1 week. What do others use? Does MGT V2 keep the problematic ship maintenance rule and give a duration?

Thanks in advance

Lindsay

McPerth September 30th, 2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_c_jackson (Post 550581)
Mongoose Traveller V1 Core Rulebook (PDF) page 138: "Repairs and Maintenance" gives a cost, a required frequency, but curiously not a duration. I make it arbitrarily 1 week. What do others use? Does MGT V2 keep the problematic ship maintenance rule and give a duration?

Thanks in advance

Lindsay

I guess most old Traveller players will use the 2 weeks every year given in other Traveller versions (CT and MT at least).

nats January 19th, 2017 03:55 PM

Isnt there any errata for the new v2 Mongoose Traveller Books yet? I mean I hate errata with a passion, and would rather not have to change loads of stuff in the book which looks lovely the way it is, but I cant help thinking there will be lots of it still.

Grognard December 7th, 2017 02:25 PM

I think we need a new Thread for 2e


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.