Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Mongoose Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Mongoose Core Rulebook errata (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=33028)

nats September 23rd, 2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiro (Post 517284)
Nats, did you see my message on your profile page or PM on the Mongoose forum?

Yes thanks I sent you my email.

McPerth December 8th, 2015 05:54 AM

Will you also collect errata for othre MgT Books?

DonM December 9th, 2015 12:04 AM

That remains for a future discussion with Matt to decide.

hiro December 9th, 2015 02:51 AM

Given that we're X months into the 2nd ed beta of MgT I'd say that any 1st ed errata is dead in the water and if you want to see MgT improve, participating in the beta may be more productive.

rich4421972 December 9th, 2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiro (Post 524547)
Given that we're X months into the 2nd ed beta of MgT I'd say that any 1st ed errata is dead in the water and if you want to see MgT improve, participating in the beta may be more productive.

I think a little of both is in order. For me, the MgT1 errata (and corrected charts) has provided me with a much better understanding of the game mechanic itself. MgT2 seems to have a different mechanic than its predecessor.

As far as accuracy and efficiency go, I want to be there mentally for my players.

hiro December 9th, 2015 11:37 AM

I agree, I found Don's errata really useful, especially the CSC parts which for me made great improvements over the original. Trouble is, the errata that Don compiled has been pulled from his server I believe by agreement with Mongoose.

McPerth December 9th, 2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiro (Post 524547)

Well, we're still discussing some errata for CT and MT...

I don't see why MgT should be left aside, when I'm quite sure it will still have partidaries when MgT2 appears (and sure some will like more and some less than MgT1).

If history has to give us a lesson is that any version, no matter how old or (theoretically) dead will have its partidaries that will still want to play it and improve it with errata.

ThornEel February 6th, 2016 06:57 PM

Now that the new version is out there, is there an errata thread somewhere for it?

mike wightman February 7th, 2016 02:07 AM

There is over at the Mongoose website forums - they deal with their errata.

Draconian March 21st, 2016 04:59 PM

Does any Mongoose Traveller 1E errata exist anywhere?

The link at the start of the thread no longer works. DonM has passed away.

Assuming someone still has 1st-edition and wants to perfect it, is there a direct no-nonsense link to Mongoose Publishing or anywhere that offers official 1st-edition errata corrections?