Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Bestiary (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   CT Only: Fallout inspired - Critters (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=36454)

jaz0nj4ckal July 20th, 2016 03:25 PM

Fallout inspired - Critters

Folks:
I have been trying to get a game of Classic Traveller running; however, my group did not want to play the system. Due to the latter, I knew my group is into the older Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

Code:

Giant Ants
STR, DEX, END, INT, EDU, SOC
Armor: Mesh
Attack form: Mandibles (club) 7+
Damage: 2d
--------------
Lesser Radscoprion
Attack form: Tail (stringer) 6+
Damage: 3d
-------------------------
Gecko
Attacks:
Claws 1d, 7+
Teeth 2d, 8+

Still working on Poison values.

MORE TO COME -
Keep an eye out for weapon conversions in the Ship's Locker forum.

kilemall July 20th, 2016 11:38 PM

You're familiar with the animal rules, right? Simpler to suss out for these beasties I would think.

jaz0nj4ckal July 21st, 2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilemall (Post 545060)
You're familiar with the animal rules, right? Simpler to suss out for these beasties I would think.

Hi Kilemall - no I am not familiar with the animal rules. Where can I find them? Thank you

kilemall July 21st, 2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaz0nj4ckal (Post 545079)
Hi Kilemall - no I am not familiar with the animal rules. Where can I find them? Thank you

You are doing CT, right? Assuming the LBBs, animals are in LBB3 page 28, 10 pages of critter design, cross-indexing world data with terrain/biome with animal niche/behavior.

Includes size, damage rating, 'weapons', and behavioral rolls (mostly fight or flight).

jaz0nj4ckal July 21st, 2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilemall (Post 545083)
You are doing CT, right? Assuming the LBBs, animals are in LBB3 page 28, 10 pages of critter design, cross-indexing world data with terrain/biome with animal niche/behavior.

Includes size, damage rating, 'weapons', and behavioral rolls (mostly fight or flight).

thanks.

robject July 21st, 2016 02:36 PM

I was about to suggest just the same thing. John Harshman's rules for animal encounters in the LBBs (and The Traveller Book, which has the same text) are elegant and easy. And even fun.

JimMarn July 21st, 2016 11:15 PM

While they simply wont work, their legs cannot support them, the radiation caused giants ants in the movie 'Them !' might inspire you. I watched it as a kid in a movie theater and wasn't the only scared one there. They operated by hydraulic or air lines.

A quick thought; mechanical or robot giant ants could be used in a game scenario. The players certainly wouldn't be expecting them. No pun intended.

edit:

Actually, they could be used by a planet with weak defenses. It would certainly scare any landing party or might freak out a small scout ship complement. Probably not have much effect on say a division of infantry landing in full battle formation.

timerover51 July 22nd, 2016 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robject (Post 545094)
I was about to suggest just the same thing. John Harshman's rules for animal encounters in the LBBs (and The Traveller Book, which has the same text) are elegant and easy. And even fun.

Not T5?

kilemall July 22nd, 2016 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMarn (Post 545123)
While they simply wont work, their legs cannot support them, the radiation caused giants ants in the movie 'Them !' might inspire you. I watched it as a kid in a movie theater and wasn't the only scared one there. They operated by hydraulic or air lines.

What about a weak gravity planet?

JimMarn July 23rd, 2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilemall (Post 545138)
What about a weak gravity planet?

No idea. I was watching a program about the old 1950s sf movies and they stated the legs would break and they wouldn't be able to move.

A weaker gravity might not break their legs. At what level the atmosphere, gravity, oxygen level, etc. would allow such creatures, I don't know.