Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Classic Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Trillion Credit Squadron (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=10618)

Random Goblin January 27th, 2005 02:19 PM

Anyone ever thought about a play-by-post TCS tournament here on the forum?

Might be fun...

Maybe Billion Credit Squadron instead, for simplicity's sake.

Random Goblin January 27th, 2005 02:19 PM

Anyone ever thought about a play-by-post TCS tournament here on the forum?

Might be fun...

Maybe Billion Credit Squadron instead, for simplicity's sake.

mike wightman January 27th, 2005 04:09 PM

I'd go for it, are you offering to run it?

Perhaps those interested could take it in turns to referee the battles?

mike wightman January 27th, 2005 04:09 PM

I'd go for it, are you offering to run it?

Perhaps those interested could take it in turns to referee the battles?

robject January 27th, 2005 05:48 PM

Sigg, that would be a good idea. Admin can be a pain. "Would be nice if" players could resolve their various battles without a referee. The game could possibly move quite smoothly that way... maybe.

Also "would be nice" to have an evolving list of designs -- all designs listed, and people's votes on effectiveness, economy, efficiency, whatnot. I learned the hard way once how a sqadron of well-designed 24 or 25-ton fighters can beat the daylights out of a few hundred badly designed 10-ton fighters...

Random, are you thinking about simply a stand-up fight, rather than a drawn-out Islands-like campaign? Build a squadron, duke it out, learn some lessons, build a better squadron, and try again?

robject January 27th, 2005 05:48 PM

Sigg, that would be a good idea. Admin can be a pain. "Would be nice if" players could resolve their various battles without a referee. The game could possibly move quite smoothly that way... maybe.

Also "would be nice" to have an evolving list of designs -- all designs listed, and people's votes on effectiveness, economy, efficiency, whatnot. I learned the hard way once how a sqadron of well-designed 24 or 25-ton fighters can beat the daylights out of a few hundred badly designed 10-ton fighters...

Random, are you thinking about simply a stand-up fight, rather than a drawn-out Islands-like campaign? Build a squadron, duke it out, learn some lessons, build a better squadron, and try again?

Random Goblin January 27th, 2005 10:14 PM

I don't know what I was thinking. :D

Whatever people think is fun or interesting. I certainly wasn't volunteering to run it. Just throwing the idea up into the air, because it sounded like it would be fun to me.

Honestly, I haven't even read the TCS book all the way through yet.

Random Goblin January 27th, 2005 10:14 PM

I don't know what I was thinking. :D

Whatever people think is fun or interesting. I certainly wasn't volunteering to run it. Just throwing the idea up into the air, because it sounded like it would be fun to me.

Honestly, I haven't even read the TCS book all the way through yet.

The Oz January 27th, 2005 10:56 PM

The biggest problem would be running the combats, with all the ships/fighters you can get in a full-size TCS game, even if it's just a TCS tournament.

I would agree that starting small with a BCS tournament and then working up would be best.

The Oz January 27th, 2005 10:56 PM

The biggest problem would be running the combats, with all the ships/fighters you can get in a full-size TCS game, even if it's just a TCS tournament.

I would agree that starting small with a BCS tournament and then working up would be best.