Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Space Badger's Reaver's Deep (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   [SBRD] Prep: setting discussion (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=30664)

SpaceBadger July 23rd, 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiNeNoiSe (Post 446044)
If somebody is going to give us a ship that big, they'll probably want us to keep to some kind of schedule.

Nah, that would be boring. See my reply to atpollard; this will be an older ship that is all paid off. Maybe even a salvage? We'll work out the ownership details after we see what kind of characters y'all come up with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiNeNoiSe (Post 446044)
How about The Minnow? :)

Sounds like a "bad luck" name to me, but I'm just the GM, and I think the ship name is a player decision - let's see what the other players think.

DaveChase July 23rd, 2013 02:37 PM

Average TL
Open equipment list (of course with GM approval per character)
Robots? yes, no, rare, ??

Dave Chase

SpaceBadger July 23rd, 2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveChase (Post 446128)
Average TL
Open equipment list (of course with GM approval per character)
Robots? yes, no, rare, ??

Dave Chase

TL I am going to have to look at, as I don't remember where the historical breaks are and we are going to be playing sometime during the Long Night.

Equipment, yeah, pretty open - and you can look at MT, MgT, and 2300 equipment lists, too, as the CT lists are pretty sparse. If you have something that you're not sure whether it fits the setting, just bring it to my attention for yea or nay.

Weaponry - standard stuff, up to and including gauss weapons. Dunno if the military has plasma/fusion guns or not, will have to check the TL on those. Military armor goes up to combat armor, but not battledress. Civilian stuff mostly vest/jacket stuff - call it cloth? Police and paramilitary probably armor cloth coveralls w some plate reinforcement in the torso - not sure what to call that in CT rules. Of course, as Travellers who occasionally visit low law-level systems and other unsavory places, you may have a few items stashed away that are better than standard civilian gear.

I saw that you PMed me a "Doc" character, haven't had a chance to look at him yet as I'm having a pretty good day health-wise and need to get into the office as soon as I finish eating, so maybe we need to discuss medical gear - or if you want to look at it and suggest what you think he should have, that is fine with me!

Edit: There is no big cultural bias against robots, but probably some developmental delay due to the old Vilani rules. I think they'd be available, but not ubiquitous as in replacing people for doing everything.

LiNeNoiSe July 23rd, 2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 446126)
Sounds like a "bad luck" name to me, but I'm just the GM, and I think the ship name is a player decision - let's see what the other players think.

Wasn't a serious suggestion. Just the first thing that came to mind.

SpaceBadger July 23rd, 2013 06:22 PM

OK, y'all, we still need a name for your ship, but I decided to go ahead and just call this campaign [SBRD] Reavers' Deep so we can proceed w other threads properly tagged as needed (the SB is for SpaceBadger, not because I'm egotistical, but just to distinguish this campaign from other Reavers' Deep campaigns that someone else might run).

Fritz, can you use your Mighty Moderator powers to change the thread title to [SBRD] Reavers' Deep - setting discussion, please? Or do I need to contact Aramis to do that, or is there some better way to fix it so this discussion has the same tag as other threads for this campaign?

(I already tried using advanced edit to do it myself, but that just changed the title on the first post, not the whole thread.)

SpaceBadger July 23rd, 2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atpollard (Post 446022)
Given at least one shady character request, what about a Burn Notice or Firefly type of group ... just a bit of a down on their luck group "hanging together because it is better than hanging separately" (paraphrased Ben Franklin quote).

If someone really wants to be a Noble, then they might be the story arc that recruited the members of the group in the first place ... like the Leverage team.

"Something like Firefly" would be fine, if y'all build some suitable characters.

I'm not familiar w Leverage (not available on Netflix :( ), but if you want to expand on that idea, feel free.

SpaceBadger July 23rd, 2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiNeNoiSe (Post 446132)
Wasn't a serious suggestion. Just the first thing that came to mind.

Nothing wrong w that name; I should have added a ;) to my bad luck comment. :)

aramis July 23rd, 2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 446167)
"Something like Firefly" would be fine, if y'all build some suitable characters.

I'm not familiar w Leverage (not available on Netflix :( ), but if you want to expand on that idea, feel free.

Leverage: a bunch of criminals, coopted into revenging/avenging/correction systemic and/or individual abuses by worse criminals against innocents by a do-gooder never seen on camera, by doing damned illegal things. Kind of a criminal spying and special ops game.

SpaceBadger July 23rd, 2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 446173)
Leverage: a bunch of criminals, coopted into revenging/avenging/correction systemic and/or individual abuses by worse criminals against innocents by a do-gooder never seen on camera, by doing damned illegal things. Kind of a criminal spying and special ops game.

Sounds kind of like the old Secret Six comic!

Hey, could you please change the title of this thread to [SBRD] Reavers' Deep - setting discussion, please? Or is there some better way to fix it so this discussion has the same tag as other threads for this campaign?

(I already tried using advanced edit to do it myself, but that just changed the title on the first post, not the whole thread.)

aramis July 23rd, 2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 446179)
Sounds kind of like the old Secret Six comic!

I have never heard of Secret Six...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 446179)
Hey, could you please change the title of this thread to [SBRD] Reavers' Deep - setting discussion, please? Or is there some better way to fix it so this discussion has the same tag as other threads for this campaign?

Done.