Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Traveller 5 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   T5 status (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=39155)

Ackehece June 26th, 2018 01:20 AM

Marc has officially crunched his way through the entire errata now. More news soon.

Wol June 26th, 2018 10:10 AM

Delighted to hear there is some progress. I was starting to have doubts....:)

regards

Ackehece June 26th, 2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalachdrim (Post 588172)
Status is unchanged.

We are still waiting on the final errata to be incorporated in the PDF.
Fans say the errata is done but need Miller to put it in the book.

Given the fact that he appears to have vanished from anything Traveller related I think it's safe to say that the book will never see the final corrections and that the entire project has been written off by him.

Going forward I suggest treating him in a similar vein as Ken Whitman.

Uh Robert says Marc is done with errata and is looking for 5.1 print options.. see the traveller Facebook page for more details.

MichaelSTee June 26th, 2018 08:13 PM

>> Robert says Marc is done with errata and is looking for 5.1 print options.. see the traveller Facebook page for more details.

Thanks for posting this. Not all of us are on Facebook (well, I'm not, at least), and this is good to know. If there is any more info on FB, please post it here.

Thanks!

ovka June 26th, 2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelSTee (Post 588535)
>>Thanks for posting this. Not all of us are on Facebook (well, I'm not, at least), and this is good to know. If there is any more info on FB, please post it here.

Me neither. I set up an account several years ago and added my spouse as a friend. Then I watched as all kinds of unsolicited information about people I didn't know rolled in.

My inner security troll screamed "NOPE!" I haven't been back.

Cheers,

Baron Ovka

Ackehece June 27th, 2018 12:33 AM

Ok. 2 things....
1 Marc comments quite often on Facebook.
2 Robject is the administration for the traveller RPG Facebook group.

So without further addo. Here is part 1

Posted June 2 2018

"Traveller5 Status
_
As you all know, T5 is a project that is near and dear to Marc's heart. Many of you know that Marc is a bit of a gearhead when it comes to character creation, guns, armor, and vehicles, and a process guy when it comes to most everything else. Even though he didn't write MegaTraveller, I think that it must have rung some of his bells, even while bothering him in other ways. Anyway, both vibes shows through in T5.
_
So this January he resolved to do the errata pile. And of course I humored him. Yes, of course you are. But he has surprised me by making it a priority, and he is making good headway. He didn't tell me how far along he is, but from his optimistic projections WHICH I SHALL NOT PASS ALONG ("no dates!" Don always said), it looks like he's halfway through. You can do the math.
_
Then he'll figure out how to do the reprint.
_
Then he'll put the Player's Handbook together. It would be nice if he borrowed from Rob's Cut -- if that helps him get it done faster, that is. That was my goal in the first place: any obstacles that I remove can't hurt and could help.
_
Rob "Chief Traveller Sycophant" Eaglestone"

Part 2
Posted June 25 2018 (fresh enough for you all?)

"Updated update. Marc has finished the errata pile. Now he's working out how best to get T5.10 to print."

whulorigan June 27th, 2018 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ackehece (Post 588546)
Ok. 2 things....
1 Marc comments quite often on Facebook.
2 Robject is the administration for the traveller RPG Facebook group.

Thanks for passing this along. I also do not do Facebook.

I don't suppose there would be any way to have a thread or something in the Citizens' Information Center that has the Facebook commentary from Marc, is there? (or would that be a major logistical hassle)?

tjoneslo June 27th, 2018 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whulorigan (Post 588552)
Thanks for passing this along. I also do not do Facebook.

I don't suppose there would be any way to have a thread or something in the Citizens' Information Center that has the Facebook commentary from Marc, is there? (or would that be a major logistical hassle)?

As another person who does not Facebook, I strongly second this suggestion.

coliver988 June 27th, 2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjoneslo (Post 588556)
As another person who does not Facebook, I strongly second this suggestion.

and a third...this site is about as social as I get :) (okay, there is G+ but that is also fairly limited and as I already had the gmail account...)

The Pakkrat June 27th, 2018 10:20 AM

SO not a user of that-Face-thing. Thanks for this update. We eagerly await both T5.10 and the Players Handbook. Thanks to all who have worked on this and to those called up on as extra eyes.