Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Traveller 5 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   T5 status (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=39155)

marksolino June 16th, 2018 06:31 AM

T5 status

What is the current status of this game? Playable? Still much to be errata'd? Just needs a new TOC and index before it's done? I've found it hard to get a current snapshot of where it's at. Is MM still committed to its completion, or does he consider it something that the fans can complete or to be pretty much done (I see that he seems to be devoting more of his energies to fiction/the card game, etc).

lordmalachdrim June 16th, 2018 10:51 AM

Status is unchanged.

We are still waiting on the final errata to be incorporated in the PDF.
Fans say the errata is done but need Miller to put it in the book.

Given the fact that he appears to have vanished from anything Traveller related I think it's safe to say that the book will never see the final corrections and that the entire project has been written off by him.

Going forward I suggest treating him in a similar vein as Ken Whitman.

Supplement Four June 16th, 2018 11:57 AM

I think, if you like T5 and are willing to put in the work to needed to use that game, then just do your own thing.

Fix what you think needs fixing. Use T5 as a starting point, and create your own version of the game.

Play. Repeat. Play. Fix. House rule as you go.

If something comes out, take a look at it and use it if you want. But, otherwise, stop waiting and just play the game.

aramis June 16th, 2018 02:34 PM

Marc circulated a new draft to the inner circle last week.

lordmalachdrim June 16th, 2018 03:04 PM

I'll believe it if and when anything ever materializes, but considering the years of complete darkness from him I doubt anyone involved's honesty.

ShawnDriscoll June 16th, 2018 05:19 PM

There are parts of T5.09 that replace (supersede) parts of MgT1 and MgT2 for my Traveller games. T5.09 does what I need just fine.

timerover51 June 17th, 2018 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalachdrim (Post 588181)
I'll believe it if and when anything ever materializes, but considering the years of complete darkness from him I doubt anyone involved's honesty.

Robject had a group working on it in the Moot, with the initial draft being finished about a month ago. I suspect that something will be coming out before the end of the year.

Gardensnake June 18th, 2018 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmalachdrim (Post 588172)
Status is unchanged.

We are still waiting on the final errata to be incorporated in the PDF.
Fans say the errata is done but need Miller to put it in the book.

Given the fact that he appears to have vanished from anything Traveller related I think it's safe to say that the book will never see the final corrections and that the entire project has been written off by him.

Going forward I suggest treating him in a similar vein as Ken Whitman.

Wow! Even if Marc never writes another word for Traveller and considered 5.09 the final version, I don't think I would ever equate him with Ken Whitman. That is harsh. Marc has earned the right to walk away if he wishes and has ripped of nobody. Ken Whitman has become the quintessential villain of the rpg community and deserves that distinction much more than Marc Miller has. I would never treat Marc in the same vein as Ken Whitman, I owe him too much.

William

David Johansen June 20th, 2018 10:16 AM

Marc could try harder to communicate. On the other hand, if there's nothing to report there's nothing to report. I know a member of the committee and he says it's coming along slowly. T5 is a massive project. Too big for one man really, but the owner is one man and intends to keep it to his vision. He's probably had his fill of fans bitching and doesn't care too much about that part of it.

jcrocker June 21st, 2018 12:06 AM

Given the huge nature of the task, and the fact that Marc had open heart surgery a few months back, I think comparing him to Ken is more than a little harsh.

I don't think anyone would refuse the occasional update, though.