Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   2300AD & 2320 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   2320AD Errors, Layout Issues, Etc... (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=7890)

hunter April 26th, 2007 08:22 PM

If you spot any problems in the PDF and would like to help, please post the issue to this topic and let me know the page number, column, and roughly what paragraph the problem can be found, then a brief description of the problem and how you think it needs to be fixed.

Layout issues, typos, etc., I can fix pretty quick. Problem with the actual content, we'll have to see what Colin's take on it is.

I'll go through once a week and compile any new issues, fix them up and post an updated version of the file which everyone will be able to download from their eLibrary account.

Thanks for your help in advance!

joi_sourcebook April 27th, 2007 03:09 AM

Hunter,

It would be worth adding some text to either the adverts or the pdf - probably both - to indicate that the document is due to be updated free of charge with Ted's version which will include reformatting and new illlustrations. People who haven't been paying close attention to these boards might otherwise think that the current version is the final one.

Fantastic effort looking forward to all the pretty pictures.

Jonathan

yatima April 27th, 2007 08:34 AM

Page 125, column 2, first paragraph under Aurore/Eta Bootis.

The second sentence seems to end with an unfinished thought:

"Though ravaged by the war, it recovered sooner than many other worlds, and it is the base."

Base of what? Was material omitted here?

yatima April 27th, 2007 08:41 AM

Page 129, Map of Freiland seems to have a stray 'Farming' icon in empty space.

Colin April 27th, 2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yatima:
Page 125, column 2, first paragraph under Aurore/Eta Bootis.

The second sentence seems to end with an unfinished thought:

"Though ravaged by the war, it recovered sooner than many other worlds, and it is the base."

Base of what? Was material omitted here?

Looks like it. should read "...and is the base of operations for most Human space forces operating in Kafer Space."

I noriced a disturbing number of typos in the Aurore entry as well. My bad, I guess.

hunter April 27th, 2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Colin:
I noriced a disturbing number of typos in the Aurore entry as well. My bad, I guess.
Ah the beauty of PDFs ;) Shoot me any changes and I'll get em posted and updated.

Hunter

Nearside April 27th, 2007 01:35 PM

Eeep. Just after I got mine printed.
D'oh.

Will you update people that bought from COTI, so we can download the newer version?

hunter April 27th, 2007 01:43 PM

Yup. Everyone who buys this one will be able to upgrade to any updates. In the case of purchases from here, you'll just need to log into your eLibrary account and download the file again.

Hunter

AzSteven April 27th, 2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Colin:
Looks like it. should read "...and is the base of operations for most Human space forces operating in Kafer Space."

I noriced a disturbing number of typos in the Aurore entry as well. My bad, I guess. [/QB]
Well sure - based on your avatar I am not surprised; I really cannot see a Kafer being very successful with a QWERTY keyboard...

yatima April 27th, 2007 06:38 PM

Read through Chapters 1 and 2, (really enjoyed reading the background, Colin) found a few very minor issues:
</font>
  • Page 4, Column 1, second paragraph: comma after 2320 is bold.</font>
  • Page 5, Column 1, second sentence under Stutterwarp: "Stutterwarp become ineffective..." should this be "Stutterwarp becomes ineffective..."?</font>
  • Page 9, Column 2, Gene protests: "the new citizens of Kings" should this be "the new citizens of King"?</font>
  • Page 10, Column 1, The Decline of nationalism: "The proper national citizenship...", should this be "Proper national citizenship..." or perhaps "A proper national citizenship..."</font>