Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   TAS Opinion Polls (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Abandoned scout (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=7995)

vegascat April 24th, 2004 02:01 AM

If you encountered an abandoned ship (Suliman class scout, 100 ton, fully operational, ready to go) on a deserted back road, what would you do?

Richard Saunders April 24th, 2004 02:37 AM

Hello.
Find the crew - It's not our's and we do want friends right.
Hide it and try to work out how it works.
in this order.

far-trader April 24th, 2004 02:40 AM

"Oh so that's where I left it [img]graemlins/file_22.gif[/img] I really should have paid more attention when landing."

In fact your poll has induced a minor form of catatonia on me each time I look at the answers [img]graemlins/file_21.gif[/img]

That would probably be my most honest reaction. My mind would run through and discard all of these from your form:

Find a real good head shrinker/therapist to talk you back to reality.

But then if I'm sane enough to seek help...

Look for the missing crew.

But what if they are hostile, or just here on a specimen sampling trip and happen to be short one middle aged male human, or...

Concact the local newpaper and get your face published as the guy that found the starship.

But who's gonna believe me...

Contact the nearest military base and turn it over to them.

But what if they have a policy of detaining (indefinately and without contact) witnesses...

Find a place to hide the ship until you can take full advantage of it.

But where, and how, and...

Get your friends, learn how to operate the ship, explore the universe.

But most of my friends would think I was nuts, or joking, or something and they wouldn't show...

Jump in, start it up, and head out to explore the universe alone.

But, BUT WHAT?! Hell yes! This is the easiest choice. Sure some people will miss me, but hey the first thing to figure out is the comms and then I can just make a few calls, or better yet a global broadcast on all channels with the translator running through every language, "Hey Earth. Look what I found! Soon as I check things out I'll be back to share what I found with..."

Get in and use it to take over the world. (sorta)

"...everyone who agrees to join the new world government I'll be pushing for. Why don't you all get a head start on that Global Peace thing while I'm gone."

So that's my answer [img]smile.gif[/img] Now I'll go vote for the only one that fits: "Do something else not mentioned above." Though in this post it is mentioned above :D

Drakon April 24th, 2004 06:06 AM

Quote:

But most of my friends would think I was nuts, or joking, or something and they wouldn't show...


Ah, but all you have to do to convince them of your sanity is to show them the ship.

Actually I think I would try to figure out how to fly it, somewhat at first, and THEN get my friends. Just a few close friends, like my wife, maybe the kids (They are growed up and have lives of their own. While it may sound appealing, I think the last thing they would want is to be locked up with their parents exploring the universe. I could be wrong, but...)

Hmmm.. would using the weapons systems on one's future former employers be wrong?

vegascat April 25th, 2004 09:30 PM

But what are you going to do if when you get back to the ship with your friends and it is gone without a trace? :eek:

Straybow April 26th, 2004 10:17 PM

You get them to come with you for a surprise. Then you don't look like a total freak if it isn't there.

No need to go looking for the crew, it isn't like I and my friends are gonna figger it out any time soon. We just make sure they don't get the wrong idea if they come back. "Hey, we were just, curious and all."

savage April 26th, 2004 11:14 PM

Steal the ship but leave an IOU.

Jame April 27th, 2004 10:39 AM

Take the ship, go "correct" a few people, then tell my parents and some others that I'm leaving and go. If the crew is still alive, claim it as salvage, have them teach me how to use it, and then leave them here.

Don't ask what I mean by correct, since it should be obvious and I don't want to explain.

Shadowdancer April 27th, 2004 08:04 PM

Use it to cruise for chicks!

:cool: Hey baby! Wanna help me try out the 'jump drive.' ;) It'll last a whole week, I promise. [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/file_21.gif[/img]

Drakon April 28th, 2004 06:09 AM

Um.. if the crew does not want to teach you how to run the ship that you have "salvaged", how are you gonna stop them? If they don't want to teach you, you can't stop them, nor do you really want to force them.

If the crew is alive and well, well, you got a problem as a joy rider. I doubt you can salvage a ship that is parked. I am not up on US, or maritime salvage law but I don't this would be doable.

Besides I would expect that the government's "immenent domain" might get used against any such claim in the first place anyway.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.