Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   TAS Opinion Polls (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   CT Double Adventures You've Played In/Run? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=32788)

Vargas June 24th, 2014 01:30 PM

CT Double Adventures You've Played In/Run?

A follow-on poll to the one I posted about CT adventures (with a tip of the hat to robject who waited patiently ;))

mike wightman June 24th, 2014 01:51 PM

Of all the games and adventures I have run over many decades the one adventure I have run the most times is Death Station. I usually modify it in novel ways to spark the interest of the players - often stealing their paranoid ideas of what the threat on the labs ship is.

There is a completely free version available updated to MgT in a S&P online magazine - issue 87.

Vargas June 24th, 2014 01:57 PM

Same here, I've run Death Station for multiple groups in multiple game systems.

atpollard June 24th, 2014 11:05 PM

I played Shadows, but I would not recommend it to anyone.

rancke June 25th, 2014 12:47 AM

I transposed Night of Conquest to Mewey/Spinward Marches and used it in my Naval campaign.

Hans

Baron June 25th, 2014 01:14 AM

There were quite a few adventures published, and I've only had time to run a few. In addition to the couple of adventures I ticked off in this and the previous polls, I ran The Traveller Adventure, which takes forever, and plenty of adventures I wrote myself. I even got all set to run Secrets of the Ancients, but the prequel situation I set up spiralled out of control, and took over a year to play, so we never even got to the published part of the adventure!

Bottom line for me is, there just isn't enough time to do all the gaming I want to do! In addition to Traveller I still like other games too, and then there's those pesky players who try to influence what our group will play, dammit! Who do they think they are, anyway?! ;)

aramis June 25th, 2014 04:58 AM

Annic Nova, Shadows, ATBF, MOM, Marooned, Marooned Alone, Chamax Plague, horde.

I like Shadows, didn't care for AN, and found ATBF, MOM, Marooned, and Marooned Alone too similar to each other. Never had a party who enjoyed Horde nor Chamax.

robject June 25th, 2014 09:11 AM

As Wil notes, Bright Face, Mithril, and Marooned are all written for the escaping across the alien world theme. I detect the same in Shadows, altho' the "world effects" are rightly put in the background rather than the forefront, and "escape" is less immediate - as it should be. If I were to run Bright Face, it might be set up more like a "payback" scenario, instead of a "run for your life" scenario. And for Mithril, I'd be tempted to turn it into an Indiana Jones setup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atpollard (Post 481813)

I read about your experience with it, and it sounded truly horrible.

I ran it waaay back when I was a new referee, and it was benign and curious.

If I ran it again, it would be significantly different than my first run, but it would still not be truly horrible.

Vargas June 25th, 2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atpollard (Post 481813)

Quote:

Originally Posted by robject (Post 481838)
I read about your experience with it, and it sounded truly horrible.

I ran it waaay back when I was a new referee, and it was benign and curious.

My experience with Shadows was more like the latter, the corrosive atmosphere was a factor but not overly so. I also wonder if it will get more votes based on the fact it was included in The Traveller Book and Starter Traveller?

Annic Nova baffled my players as I ran it straight and had no answers as to where the ship came from (it was early on in my Traveller days).

Quint June 25th, 2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargas (Post 481765)
A follow-on poll to the one I posted about CT adventures (with a tip of the hat to robject who waited patiently ;))

Yup! Same here.

D.