Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Citizens' Information Centre (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   2019 midyear State of the Board (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=40164)

aramis July 2nd, 2019 12:22 PM

2019 midyear State of the Board

As usual, I'm going to dig some stats out.

Last 30 days individuals logging in: 538
Last 30 days posting: 117

Last year logging in: 1762
Last year posting: 348

This is more traffic and participation than I seem to recall 6 months ago! :)
In the past, it's typically been about 1 in 6 posting, so 1 in 5 is an improvement.

There is a major upgrade to our hosting platform within the next 30 days; I expect there might be a few issues at first, so be ready to contact me if it goes awry - coticu2013 at travellerrpg dot com

Marc is, as usual, in laconically working on projects.

I'd like to thank the moot members for paying for the board to continue. Marc would as well - the board's hosting also covers FarFuture.net, Marc's Traveller site, in the same server. In supporting the board, you support Traveller as well.

In the last 6 months, there have been 2 individuals banned long term, both old hands, both with long histories of infractions. One simply committed a number of infractions in rapid fire, the other responded to an infraction with "Ban me now!" - so I did. If that individual agrees to follow the rules, I'll unban them. 13 individuals are under no-posting bans.

106 spammers have been banned in the last 12 months

1 user is under a permanent moderated posting restriction. They haven't posted since.

Cepheus Engine is, per Marc Miller, Traveller - at least, Traveller enough to be supported on this board. And on this score, I'm of like mind.

In service, I remain,

Wil

Bartleby July 2nd, 2019 01:35 PM

Thanks for everything you do, here.

whulorigan July 2nd, 2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartleby (Post 603604)
Thanks for everything you do, here.

Seconded Aramis. Thanks for all of your work at the Board. It is appreciated.

Spenser TR July 2nd, 2019 02:46 PM

Mahalo for the things we know about, and everything we don't.

:cool:

KyleLittle July 2nd, 2019 09:48 PM

Many thanks, I am always impressed by the quality of posts and the general level of civility on display here.

Gypsy Knights Games July 2nd, 2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 603601)
Cepheus Engine is, per Marc Miller, Traveller - at least, Traveller enough to be supported on this board. And on this score, I'm of like mind.

And we thank both of you for this and for all of the work in running this board in general.

khadaji2002 July 13th, 2019 01:54 PM

Thank you for the update, Aramis. You and Marc and the rest of the board do wonderful work here.

Taythorian July 13th, 2019 04:04 PM

TravellerMap seems to be offline. Not sure if it's just me or other users.

tjoneslo July 13th, 2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taythorian (Post 604192)
TravellerMap seems to be offline. Not sure if it's just me or other users.

It is back online now.

Kilgs August 6th, 2019 05:09 PM

Much obliged, Aramis!