Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Play by Post - OOC (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Now for something completely different.... (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=16139)

MacTrom June 15th, 2008 10:59 AM

Now for something completely different....

Ok, I'm requesting signups for a new PBP game, to be strictly a one shot. I'll post the teaser next. If interested, PM me your character: any Traveller rule set. DO NOT POST YOUR CHARACTER PUBLICLY!

First come, etc. I'm planning for four active players, any others will be placed on a backup list in case people drop out. Posting will be a few times a week, as the game runs its course. Starting around the end of June.

Don't send me characters that are already involved in a current game, or one of your favorite long term characters. It's a single, non-recurring adventure.

Best of luck.

MacTrom June 15th, 2008 11:35 AM

You awake in a chamber with two sets of bunks. There are four of you, wearing coveralls with names stitched into the left breast pocket. You are groggy and stiff as if having just awoken from a very long sleep. Your eyes and mouth are sticky with dried mucus. When you try to remember your names, background or where you are from, you get massive headaches. It's hard to think with that fraggin' alarm going off.

Alarm?

Looking around the room, you see a partly open door leading to a fresher; a quad of lockers; and an iris value leading somewhere. The indicator above the iris is flashing yellow.

Examining the lockers, you find many odd and normally usual items:
Code:

a crowbar
a spool of fishing line
20 ft of rope
three pairs of thick gloves
a pool cue
a box of colored chalk
four pair of hip boots
two flashlights with both red and yellow lenses
two large duffel bags
one machete
a plastic card 2" x 4" with no writing on it
a deck of playing cards

Jame June 15th, 2008 10:17 PM

I would join in but I'm in a few real-life games and a couple online ones. I think my attention is too attenuated for joining this...

MacTrom June 15th, 2008 10:32 PM

That's ok. I know you have a lot on your plate. Trying to give some opportunities to the newbees.
:devil:

CosmicGamer June 16th, 2008 11:46 AM

Adam?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/...689230be0f.jpg

MacTrom June 16th, 2008 03:14 PM

you do realize that this is the OOC (out of character) thread and that when I start the game, it will be in the In Character section? *yes, I saw you try to post and then edit it* lol

CosmicGamer June 17th, 2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTrom (Post 267648)
you do realize that this is the OOC (out of character) thread and that when I start the game, it will be in the In Character section? *yes, I saw you try to post and then edit it* lol

yes. Realizing I was a bit overzealous, I removed my text and left the post with just the picture.

MacTrom June 17th, 2008 06:17 PM

I have two volunteers -- uh -- players signed up so far. I'm going to post the teaser in the In Character forum, to draw additional interest. Do not post as yet, other than the following:

I will allow you to have 5 (five) items of your choosing from your mustering out or buying frenzy. Note: these items may not be readily available right away, but they will be "somewhere" where you can find them.

** ahhh the plot sickens! **

CosmicGamer June 17th, 2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTrom (Post 267814)
I will allow you to have 5 (five) items of your choosing from your mustering out or buying frenzy. Note: these items may not be readily available right away, but they will be "somewhere" where you can find them.

I only have one item from mustering out and never got around to equipping this char. Do I use the 2000 credit limit from MGT?

MacTrom June 17th, 2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicGamer (Post 267838)
I only have one item from mustering out and never got around to equipping this char. Do I use the 2000 credit limit from MGT?

it's optional, but yes, you can use your 2kcr to purchase items (up to tech level 12) try to think of things that your character would normally purchase. don't worry about clothing.