Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   In My Traveller Universe (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Clement Sector, etc question- What is it? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=35455)

Murph December 12th, 2015 07:06 PM

Clement Sector, etc question- What is it?

Ok, I see references to this system(?), game supplement(?), set of rules(?) but what is it? I have seen references to a Zinn drive, the Hub, etc, could someone explain what this is for my education please? Is it an alternate setting using the Traveller rules, or a variant of 2300 rules?

whulorigan December 12th, 2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murph (Post 524867)
Ok, I see references to this system(?), game supplement(?), set of rules(?) but what is it? I have seen references to a Zinn drive, the Hub, etc, could someone explain what this is for my education please? Is it an alternate setting using the Traveller rules, or a variant of 2300 rules?

It is an ATU using the MgT ruleset, published by Gypsy Knight Games.

RockyMountainNavy December 13th, 2015 10:07 AM

GKG

http://gypsyknightsgames.blogspot.com/

I personally like the setting and recommend you look into it. GKG may not like me saying this, but I usually wait for a 20 or 30% off sale on drivethrurpg to buy my items.

The biggest changes in chargen is aging and social (wealth not nobility) and the Zimm Drive for starships. The various sector settings are also tuned differently so you can find a Classic Space Opera or Hard Scifi or Firefly/Edge-like setting that fits YOUR taste.

Murph December 13th, 2015 03:32 PM

Thank you for the reply.

Adam Dray December 14th, 2015 10:41 AM

It's a sandbox sector setting locked away from the rest of the universe due to a wormhole anomaly. Basically, a bunch of colonies and systems were once part of something bigger, but now have to be self-sufficient.

If you love Traveller, love frontier play, but really don't want to think about the big space empire that's supposed to be distant anyway, this setting is for you.

It's basic Traveller flavor with a few nice surprises and really beautiful starships.

Gypsy Knights Games January 6th, 2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMountainNavy (Post 524917)
I personally like the setting and recommend you look into it. GKG may not like me saying this, but I usually wait for a 20 or 30% off sale on drivethrurpg to buy my items.

Well, I can happily tell you that right now is one of those times. All of our stuff is part of Drive-thru's "New Game, New Year" sale. So 25% off until the 15th.

And I'm glad you're enjoying it!

BwapTED January 7th, 2016 12:30 PM

www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/15/15870.phtml

There is a review by Kafka.

Adam Dray January 8th, 2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combatmedic (Post 527330)
www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/15/15870.phtml

There is a review by Kafka.

Unfortunately, the entire review is a series of clicks and clacks that sound like a giant cockroach.

77topaz January 8th, 2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Dray (Post 527412)
Unfortunately, the entire review is a series of clicks and clacks that sound like a giant cockroach.

No, those are Samsa's reviews. ;)

Gypsy Knights Games January 8th, 2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Dray

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77topaz (Post 527449)
No, those are Samsa's reviews. ;)

That's hilarious. While I do like kafka's review, there are several others out there (including one on EnWorld) that you might seek.

On the other hand, we also have a free product at DTRPG called Introduction to Clement Sector that will tell you a great deal about the setting. It gives you the basics of the setting, a bit of the history and some sample material from some of our other books.