Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Mongoose Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   MGT Only: So What Do You All Think about the Series Adventures (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=29121)

DaveChase February 21st, 2013 09:12 PM

So What Do You All Think about the Series Adventures
 
Mongoose has released 2 different series adventures for Traveller so far.

I was wondering what the general feel was from the group at large here on CotI.

If you vote, please include more information as to why to your selections.

What kind of style/adventure would you like to see more of, if more are presented.

Etc.

Thanks in advance

savage February 21st, 2013 11:37 PM

Mongoose Releases
 
These adventures are very clever and show good work on Mongoose's part. Fun new ships, interesting locations, high quality material.

constructive point: I'd like to see a few more NPC stats. Location maps can help visualize the situation.

Thanks Mongoose team.

Cryton February 21st, 2013 11:46 PM

Interesting. your survey only has "likes" for choices, but asks what you do or do not like.

Personally. I liked the first one, Secrets of the Ancients, despite its complete mis representation of Droyne that showed that the writer had only read the original Secrets of the Ancients, and had never even looked at the Droyne alien module. It was a nice expansion with a twist or two beyond what was in the original.

Haven't started in on the second set yet due to lack of time. I suspect its quality will be about the same as the first one.

Trouble February 21st, 2013 11:51 PM

I would like the Annic Nova Prequil perhaps combined with an Annic Nova sequil. It could be run like Verne's in Search of the Castaways perhaps with clues to the backstory occuring along with red herrings and finish by the rescue or otherwise of the missing crew.

It would not need to be free I would pay to see this.

Trouble

DaveChase February 22nd, 2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryton (Post 423696)
Interesting. your survey only has "likes" for choices, but asks what you do or do not like.

Personally. I liked the first one, Secrets of the Ancients, despite its complete mis representation of Droyne that showed that the writer had only read the original Secrets of the Ancients, and had never even looked at the Droyne alien module. It was a nice expansion with a twist or two beyond what was in the original.

Haven't started in on the second set yet due to lack of time. I suspect its quality will be about the same as the first one.

Maybe you should read again. There is at least one don't like option. ;)

Dave Chase

aramis February 22nd, 2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveChase (Post 423702)
Maybe you should read again. There is at least one don't like option. ;)

Dave Chase

"Not interested" is not the same as "don't like them"... axiomatically they are in fact two very different things.

Edit: I added a "Do not like" option.

DaveChase February 22nd, 2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 423710)
"Not interested" is not the same as "don't like them"... axiomatically they are in fact two very different things.

Edit: I added a "Do not like" option.

Sounds fine to me. :)

Thanks.

Dave Chase

Burocrate February 23rd, 2013 04:16 AM

Linked Adventures Good
 
Secret of the Ancients was a great read, I only hope I can run a group through it. I am really liking the Pirate series, the last chapter was very linear compared to the past few. The whole arc is huge and the sandbox the PCs chase thier goals within is equally large. I could see a group getting sidetracked and re-routed by the Referee many times, well in my experience anyway. I like the change in style and pace, whether this was on purpose or because different authors/developers worked seprately I just liked it. I also liked the short adventures they put out when they had time to develop a Living Traveller. Not sure if they were connected, I'll have to check my files.

So yeah, Linked...Good! Fire...Bad! Star hot plasma...Very Good!

selunatic2397 February 23rd, 2013 09:57 PM

These must be pdfs as I haven't seen them in my local gaming store...if they were in hardcopy I would have...and will...buy them...hint hint!

DaveChase February 23rd, 2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selunatic2397 (Post 423986)
These must be pdfs as I haven't seen them in my local gaming store...if they were in hardcopy I would have...and will...buy them...hint hint!

I think that you can now get SotA in hardbound (print version).

Dave Chase


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.