Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Classic Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Zhodani (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=33592)

Shadowfax November 26th, 2014 07:41 PM

Zhodani

Has anyone got a thread out there on the Zhodani? If not I would like to start one.

rancke November 26th, 2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowfax (Post 496074)
Has anyone got a thread out there on the Zhodani? If not I would like to start one.

If you look at the bottom of this thread, you'll find links to four other threads that the software deems likely to be related. And if you do a search for 'Zhodani', you get a long list of threads (or posts) where the search term can be found.

Hans

mike wightman November 27th, 2014 01:19 PM

What did you have in mind to discuss?

McPerth November 27th, 2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike wightman (Post 496115)

I guess he thought we will read it ;).

Shadowfax June 25th, 2015 05:59 PM

I am very patient.

flykiller June 25th, 2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

he will decide what you have in mind to discuss.

Shadowfax June 25th, 2015 06:14 PM

Everything Zhodani

Everything Zhodani

Especially, culture, habits, customs, behaviour, playing Zhodani, tactics, etc. I realize that these have been touched on and that there is a lot of information out there in the various books and publications (I think I have read nearly all the classic traveller stuff.) I have my own implementation of Zhodani IMTU and I just wonder what others think and do with the Zhos.

Shadowfax June 25th, 2015 06:28 PM

Society

Ok, so I will just throw a few thoughts out here....
We know that there is little or no crime.
We know that Zhodani like to be productive, social members of their society and help others out.
Yet, we also know that there is a Prole caste, who are non-psionic.
We also know there is the Tavrchedl'.
1.) How do the Zhodani justify war?
2.) Are the proles maybe more barbaric that the Nobles and the intendants?
I think like only 20-30% of Zhodani are really psionic and belong to the noble and intendant castes. I seem to remember this. Correct me if I am wrong.
3.)I know it is possible for 20-30% of the society to "police" the rest of the population, but how capable are the Zhodani of doing this?

4.)I see the Zhodani society on one hand as being very harmonious. I think that while conformance to certain norms is the rule, that this does not preclude individualism or freedom. What do you think?

5.) IMTU -There are also blunts and screamers. Blunts are people who are psionic, but their only talent is not being able to be effected by psionics. Ok, or course you can throw them into a wall using telepathy, but you can't probe them or read their thoughts, they are blunts.
Screamers on the other hand are people who are psionic, but cannot control their psionic powers. They emit something like "psionic noise". Both blunts and screamers are treated as disabled persons. What do you think of this idea and how do you think that Zhodani society would deal with their disablilites/gifts?

6.) Another idea. Since the Imperium is so paranoid about psionics, wouldn't it be likely that they have a secret police of psi-hunters maybe some of whom are also psionic?

aramis June 26th, 2015 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowfax (Post 510318)
We know that Zhodani like to be productive, social members of their society and help others out.
I think like only 20-30% of Zhodani are really psionic and belong to the noble and intendant castes. I seem to remember this. Correct me if I am wrong.
3.)I know it is possible for 20-30% of the society to "police" the rest of the population, but how capable are the Zhodani of doing this?

4.)I see the Zhodani society on one hand as being very harmonious. I think that while conformance to certain norms is the rule, that this does not preclude individualism or freedom. What do you think?

5.) IMTU -There are also blunts and screamers. Blunts are people who are psionic, but their only talent is not being able to be effected by psionics. Ok, or course you can throw them into a wall using telepathy, but you can't probe them or read their thoughts, they are blunts.
Screamers on the other hand are people who are psionic, but cannot control their psionic powers. They emit something like "psionic noise". Both blunts and screamers are treated as disabled persons. What do you think of this idea and how do you think that Zhodani society would deal with their disablilites/gifts?

6.) Another idea. Since the Imperium is so paranoid about psionics, wouldn't it be likely that they have a secret police of psi-hunters maybe some of whom are also psionic?

Canon has two surviving Imperially authorized psionic institutes - one on Terra, one in the Marches.

JBRocky June 27th, 2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowfax (Post 510318)

1) Well the Zho's see the Imperium as a bunch of mentally unstable evil types its not that hard. Plus the 1st FW started because Imperials were displacing Zho's colonies.

2) I would say Proles are not more barbaric than Nobles since the Proles are watched over by the Police and not so much for the Nobles who get freedom of thought.

3) I would say pretty good

Ok going to edit my post just to add some stuff.

Got me looking at all my Zhodani stuff and the Consular Guards in particular. Just wondering if other people think there are just WAY to many Commando Groupments? I mean there are one per most regiments, two per Assualt Regiments, two per Division, three per Corps and that is just the Consualr Guard units, makes it look like they are the most common unit there is.