Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Software Solutions (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Making big PDF maps (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=11576)

robject April 20th, 2005 12:19 PM

Mr. Greely (et al),

I've started breaking your script into bits -- namely, packages. In doing so I'm learning your script's logic flow and intents. I'd like your opinions and suggestions.

First, I'm building three helper packages:

Grid.pm - this package manages grid-related data, such as edge data, dimensional data, etc.

StyleMgr.pm - this packages is an API for accessing style-related data. I've reformatted style and configuration data into YAML documents (which have built-in parsing support into native data structures anyway).

PDFWriter.pm - this package is an API for the specific drawing routines for the program. All of the drawXYZ functions are in here. This package calls methods on the PDF object, Grid object, and StyleMgr object.

Orchestrating the effort is the script, Uwp2Pdf.pl, which reads in the main configuration file, uses the UWP and UWPTools packages to parse in UWP data, and calls methods on the other three packages to actually build the output file.

I'm still working on the whole thing, so I've yet to know if my efforts are successful.

Flynn June 7th, 2005 05:28 PM

Can anyone help me figure out how to shift the images of the maps so that they are centered on the page? Mr. Greely hasn't been active of late, and so I can't go to the source with my request.

Thanks In Advance,
Flynn

tjoneslo June 8th, 2005 10:19 AM

I can give you a hint, but not tell you exactly.

Look at the sub gridseup()

Line 306: sets the $grid(origY)
Line 356: sets the $grid(width)

These two values need to be adjusted so $grid(origY) and $paper($PaperSize)(y) - $grid(width) are the same value.

Perl is not one of my first languages, so I'm a little hazy on what changes to make, exactly.

You may also want to make a direct inquiry on his site

Flynn June 8th, 2005 10:54 AM

I'll definitely leave a post on his site, just in case.

In the meantime, any PERL gurus want to take a swing at this one?

-Flynn

Flynn June 9th, 2005 05:49 PM

No response so far from Mr Greely's 'Gateway To PDF' site, but then again, no update on his blog either, so he may not have computer access right now...

Still hoping to hear from a PERL guru,
Flynn

Flynn June 14th, 2005 10:32 AM

No PERL gurus out there? robject? Anyone?

Still hopeful,
Flynn

robject June 14th, 2005 11:19 PM

Hi Flynn! (wave)

I can probably puzzle this out, but my free time has just recently dwindled to about zero... stay tuned.

Flynn June 15th, 2005 09:42 AM

Thanks for putting your attention to it, when and as you can. I appreciate it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

With Regards,
Flynn